Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*OP's note: I am Deaf and uses sign language, pen on paper, or phone/computer to text/email to communicate*

So, I was working at a restaurant today, and a group finished eating and left the building... I noticed two men came back inside and walked up to my boss to ask, Who drove that purple challenger that's parked outside?? My boss pointed to me and said that's him. My boss then came up to me and wrote down, this guy thinks you buy his old car. I got baffled and being skeptical about this funny business. The man then wrote down, did you buy it at AutoNation on Arapahoe Rd in Centennial, CO? That's when I knew he was legit since no one outside of my family knew which dealership was it I bought my purple challenger from, and even my family didn't know which certain AutoNation dealership was it. So, to my surprise, this was the former owner of my challenger!

He claimed he was taking a look at my car outside and spotted this specific chips on the fuel door which he knew was used to be his car before he upgraded for a sexy sublime Charger Hellcat which he also got from the same dealership. I don't blame him for that awesome upgrade after all. I got my hands on my dream car after all. It was a win-win situation for both of us.

I thought it's crazily cool to have a former owner somehow spotted his old car in this big city of Denver! We chatted a bit about cosmetic mods changes I made to the car, and etc. He's a nice dude.

Of course, I had to take a picture of us. I'm on the left.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
That’s a great story, your car is far nicer than a charger could ever be.

Reactions: Evil Minion

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,367 Posts
Thanks for sharing that story Minion. Funny that other fella has such a big smile on his face. He just traded the world's most beautiful classic car for something else.

So, what did he say when you told him you wanted those chips fixed before he left the restaurant?

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for sharing that story Minion. Funny that other fella has such a big smile on his face. He just traded the world's most beautiful classic car for something else.

So, what did he say when you told him you wanted those chips fixed before he left the restaurant?
Consider a fact he ate the depreciation before traded it in for a Charger was good enough for me to not mention having those chips fixed. :)

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,635 Posts
Nice story and a small world in one! And I agree. You don't look evil at all. Haha

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,367 Posts
I didn't ask him about it.
No big deal. It's a beautiful car, and you got to meet the original owner. That's what matters. And your story was just extra special because the odds of that happening have got to be insane. Thanks for taking the time to share it. Really enjoyed reading that.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Very cool story OP...now fix that oil leak... : :lol:

It is a small world.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,615 Posts
Small world indeed. Although a purple car is easier to spot :D

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,934 Posts
Cool story OP!!! I have often wondered where some of my cars went to and how they were doing, if they were being taken care of and so on...

I found one of my previous cars last year and it was only 2 months after I had traded it in to the dealership. My old car ('15 Sublime Shaker) was sitting at a Doctor's office and I remembered that my phone still had the old style Uconnect App feature that allowed me to pin-point where the car was parked at and to lock/unlock the doors. One more thing, the App also had the auto-start feature, I didn't think this system was still working (on my phone) so you can imagine my surprise when I sent a signal thru the phone that it did indeed start my old car and, it unlocked the doors!!! I was shocked! I hadn't used that feature maybe 3 times when I owned the car and it was still in my name even when I de-activated the account. I just had not removed the down load Uconnect App yet. I tried to find the owner to make them aware I started their car and to apologize but I never found them or saw that car again.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
right on, cool story. I traded my first Scat Pack to a dealership and it was immediately snapped up by one of their service techs before it hit their website. I talked to him later about the car when I was at the dealership and he had already snapped an axle at the track but ran a 12.6 with the manual transmission. I see it's now up for sale at the same dealership. I checked the vin on the website and it was my old car. I remember him saying he would upgrade to a used Hellcat when someone traded one in some day. Must have happened.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Nice story.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Great story, I wonder about my last trade in. I had a 2012 Ram 1500 4×4, white short bed reg cab. You see very few of them around here most have the 4 doors. One day I will see it

Mopar or No Car, Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Very cool. Always cool to meet and talk with fellow car enthusiasts. I would like to meet who bought my SPS. I hope it went to a good home.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts