Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did the unthinkable. I sold my 2010 SE and bought a 2011 SE! A local dealer had a special selling them for 21k and I couldn't pass it up. I cant believe how much more refined the 2011 feels! That extra 55hp really makes a difference! On the way home, I turned off the traction control like I always did on my 10. Whoops! This car can light up the tires from a stop! No turning required! AWESOME! (Gotta brake her in easy right?)

I never thought I'd trade my 10, especially for another SE. But the fit and finish of this car really shows that Dodge listens to their customer base.

It really feels like a totally different car!

·
Registered
2 Posts
congrats! thats a really good price. im not too crazy about the steering wheel but the dual exhaust is very very nice. did you get the rallye or regular?

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger RT Classic
4,364 Posts
Interesting. You might be the first to trade in an SE for a newer SE. Glad to see that the car is more improved in all ways.

·
Registered
659 Posts
He's not getting a Rallye for 21k.....I have a new 2011 SE and I love mine too. Great handling on the curves and yes there pretty darn fast off the line. Wiat till you get right up near 1k miles, and the gas mileage really get going great.....I did 31.8 mpg on the road July 4th on regular gas! The exhuast will brake in too and sound more throaty.

Good decision twice over! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Traded my 09 SE with g-package for a 2011 on april 9th or rather that is when I picked it up since dealer had to find what I wanted and do a dealer trade for it. I did get a Ralleye so didn't just go SE for SE but the basics are the same and yes the 3.6 does have much more power and yes you will get great MPG

I know you are happy and yes they designed the SE with the dual exhaust and then Ralleye packages since it has become the larger sector of the Challenger market you can still get the look but also have a more fuel efficient vehicle. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
cool, very nice to know that Dodge refined all levels of their lineup. I read that the suspension was redesigned to make it feel lighter. I have never been in an older model so I have nothing to compare by but my car feels very light when I drive it despite its 4000+ pound weight. it feels close to my 2007 vette in basic handleing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all!

Yeah, it's definatley not the Rallye for 21k. But the standard features are much improved on the 11. There were things I was going to spend $$ on that comes already equipped on the 11!

I know what you mean by going from one SE to another. I cant believe it myself! But I bought the 10 not knowing that Dodge was going to improve the car this much! And for 21k, my trade in practically paid for the car.

I'm pretty damn happy. I'll post pics later.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Everyone talks about the 392, but from where I stand the improvements to the SE are an even bigger story. Why aren't more folks talking about them? I hear the Pentastar motor is awesome and you get all the new bells and whistles. Congrats!

·
Banned
642 Posts
Was interested to hear some real world comparison between the old and new V6. Sounds like it is quite an improvement.

Congrats on the new ride (plus you get that new car smell again :thumbsup:)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I think the 2011 V6 is a smokin deal all the way around, mpg, $, and of course it's a Challenger !

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Everyone talks about the 392, but from where I stand the improvements to the SE are an even bigger story. Why aren't more folks talking about them? I hear the Pentastar motor is awesome and you get all the new bells and whistles. Congrats!
I agree, the Pentastar delivers huge improvements in both power and economy. Before, the SE got you a $7K lower entry point that the R/T, but gave you far less power and only marginally better fuel economy. Now a bone stock SE is a solid 14 second car and gets much better fuel economy than the 5.7.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Glad they seem to like the new Charger, but I don't take much stock in MT's numbers as they are all over the map.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought the 2011 Challenger... LOVE IT. I drove it out of town for a quick trip and averaged 33 miles per gallon. The power feels pretty good, however I'm curious... it's in economy mode while driving, does taking the traction control off allow it to go into a power mode?? I've always been a ford man, but I can tell you after buying this... Dodge has my vote...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
607 Posts
How did you turn off the traction control?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Osup,

I'm currently on the verge of purchasing a 2011 SE and am wondering how you were able to get that kind of a deal? I'm hoping for maybe $2k off MSRP if that doesn't seem unreasonable. If you all don't mind me asking (for those of you with 2011 SE's) what is the ballpark number that you were able to get the dealer to come down to?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Osup,

I'm currently on the verge of purchasing a 2011 SE and am wondering how you were able to get that kind of a deal? I'm hoping for maybe $2k off MSRP if that doesn't seem unreasonable. If you all don't mind me asking (for those of you with 2011 SE's) what is the ballpark number that you were able to get the dealer to come down to?
a dealership around me is advertising 2011 se's for 21500. so i am sure in the coming months you'll see more and more those deals and and probably less.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just did the unthinkable. I sold my 2010 SE and bought a 2011 SE! A local dealer had a special selling them for 21k and I couldn't pass it up. I cant believe how much more refined the 2011 feels! That extra 55hp really makes a difference! On the way home, I turned off the traction control like I always did on my 10. Whoops! This car can light up the tires from a stop! No turning required! AWESOME! (Gotta brake her in easy right?)

I never thought I'd trade my 10, especially for another SE. But the fit and finish of this car really shows that Dodge listens to their customer base.

It really feels like a totally different car!
Congratulations! I can't believe you traded in a '10 for an '11, but you got a MUCH improved car. The Pentastar is vastly improved from the 3.5, and with the suspension tweaking and additional standard content, you got a ton more value for the money. And $21k? That's hard to beat!

Congratulations again... I want to see pics!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Congratulations! I can't believe you traded in a '10 for an '11, but you got a MUCH improved car. The Pentastar is vastly improved from the 3.5, and with the suspension tweaking and additional standard content, you got a ton more value for the money. And $21k? That's hard to beat!

Congratulations again... I want to see pics!
$21,5 for a brand new Challenger period, is pretty good. Enjoy your new ride and post some pics when you find the time. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 98 Posts