Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed Peddle Commander on my 2019 Scat Pack Widebody and all I say is when in use the Scat Pack is a completely different car with instant throttle response, it made my ride that much more fun to drive. I have only one day playing with it and trying different settings, one word of caution if you daily driver in lots of traffic I would turn off on turn it to a weak setting because the instant throttle response could get you in trouble in stop and go traffic, I really enjoy my widebody Scat Pack and 4000 miles in 2 months of fast miles and the Peddle Commander made the fun factor that much better

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
You could have just turned on Track Mode for that feel. As well as reset your adaptive fuses.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could have just turned on Track Mode for that feel. As well as reset your adaptive fuses.
I have run in track mode many times on our back country roads along with all the settings and the feel of the Pedal Commander is different, I no there is no HP gain but the instant throttle response makes the Scat Pack that much more fun to drive

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have run in track mode many times on our back country roads along with all the settings and the feel of the Pedal Commander is different, I no there is no HP gain but the instant throttle response makes the Scat Pack that much more fun to drive
Hmmmmmm, 'Scatey', are you related to 'John Foreman' and BG something 'Run with no oil running with copper plugs for 300K miles with dry K&N', brigade or something like that ?

I have a Scat Pack Challenger, and it surely don't need no electronic wizardry/hypnosis,'add-on' for acceleration or accelerator articulation. Color me dubious.

On the other hand, I almost thought about trying one with my Jeep wrangler because, well because sometimes, it has a hard time getting out of its own way. Sometimes it could use trickery.?

But on the Scat pack ? ? oh hell no. Do you know how hard it is 'not' to 'bark' the tires on the concrete escape chutes at the WV turnpike toll plazas ?
That's fine, To each their own,
Have a good one

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Hmmmmmm, 'Scatey', are you related to 'John Foreman' and BG something 'Run with no oil running with copper plugs for 300K miles with dry K&N', brigade or something like that ?

I have a Scat Pack Challenger, and it surely don't need no electronic wizardry/hypnosis,'add-on' for acceleration or accelerator articulation. Color me dubious.

On the other hand, I almost thought about trying one with my Jeep wrangler because, well because sometimes, it has a hard time getting out of its own way. Sometimes it could use trickery.?

But the Scat pack ? oh hell no. Do you know how hard it is 'not' to 'bark' the tires on the concrete escape chutes at the WV turnpike toll plazas ? Hmmmmm?

It don't need no stinking pedal-chalupa whatever for Scat pack. ?

'Know' : to perceive or understand as fact or truth; to apprehend clearly and with certainty
'
No' : hell no.

thats fine, To each their own, it just sounded close to a commercial,

?You are very right the Scat pack does not need it but I wanted to try something different and so far it is a blast(y)

·
Registered
451 Posts
You could have just turned on Track Mode for that feel. O
Its in your head man. They probably reset adaptive on fly and reset pedal mapping, both of which you can do for free in 5 minutes.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Its in your head man. They probably reset adaptive on fly and reset pedal mapping, both of which you can do for free in 5 minutes.
All it does is change voltage on throttle application. It's a gimmick, at best.

Nothing like telling your car that 30% throttle is actually 100% throttle to "improve driveability". :/

·
Registered
451 Posts
All it does is change voltage on throttle application. It's a gimmick, at best.

Nothing like telling your car that 30% throttle is actually 100% throttle to "improve driveability". :/
Exactly what I was referring to regarding pedal re-mapping. Yep. It likely changes the gradient a bit so that it feels snappier. It's a waste of money and isn't going to help you be faster in any regard. Sorry I hate to come on here shitting on the OP but i've seen these things advertised enough on this forum and I'm tired of it - right along with people putting 84mm throttle bodies on their otherwise stock 392 and 345 lol.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
People tend to buy it for the "fun factor", which is subjective. For me, fun is maintaining some semblance of control and traction, but it's different for everyone.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Hey, if it makes the owner happy, that is all that really matters. Obviously, they sell a lot of them and people generally seem happy with them. You know what they say.... Don't knock it until you try it.

I modified the pedal sensitivity on my 2012 Impala with HPTuners and LOVED the result. This device basically does the same thing, but can do it "on the fly" without an expensive tuning device like HPTuners.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey, if it makes the owner happy, that is all that really matters. Obviously, they sell a lot of them and people generally seem happy with them. You know what they say.... Don't knock it until you try it.

I modified the pedal sensitivity on my 2012 Impala with HPTuners and LOVED the result. This device basically does the same thing, but can do it "on the fly" without an expensive tuning device like HPTuners.
Unless someone shows logs that their drag, track or 0-60 time is benefited, I will knock it without trying it, because its snake oil.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Unless someone shows logs that their drag, track or 0-60 time is benefited, I will knock it without trying it, because its snake oil.
There are benefits other than overall power level. WIth my Impala, for example, simply adjusting the pedal sensitivity made the car more "comfortable" to drive. It's a "refinement", not a power adder. There are things that can be improved other than overall power.

·
Registered
451 Posts
There are benefits other than overall power level. WIth my Impala, for example, simply adjusting the pedal sensitivity made the car more "comfortable" to drive. It's a "refinement", not a power adder. There are things that can be improved other than overall power.
Sure, if it's an old car with barely any torque in the first place, I can imagine that changing the voltage characteristic per pedal travel position would make the car feel more alive. However, with a brand new Scat, that is just completely nonsensical. Also, like I've said before, these parameters can be adjusted for free. Look up the pedal remap procedure and adaptive fuse pull procedure. 5 minutes.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Installed Peddle Commander on my 2019 Scat Pack Widebody and all I say is when in use the Scat Pack is a completely different car with instant throttle response, it made my ride that much more fun to drive. I have only one day playing with it and trying different settings, one word of caution if you daily driver in lots of traffic I would turn off on turn it to a weak setting because the instant throttle response could get you in trouble in stop and go traffic, I really enjoy my widebody Scat Pack and 4000 miles in 2 months of fast miles and the Peddle Commander made the fun factor that much better
Hi Guys
I contemplated getting one of these for my '16 RT, but decided against it.
My reasoning is , that the electronic accelerator is part of the safety system of modern cars. I believe it contains dual sensors that the ECM reads, and if there is a difference between the 2 signals, the ECM thinks there is a fault, and would probable go into some sort of low speed limp mode. Now , if you insert a Pedal commander or other such unit, between the accelerator and ECM; it is possible that the Pedal Commander (or other) could fail in such a way, that it would command the ECM to WOT, and the driver would have no further control of engine speed....a very dangerous and maybe fatal thing.

It would be interesting to know if anyone (including the manufacturer) has done any failure mode analysis of these devices.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To all of you Challenger people, I was not looking to cause any issues with other forum people, my name is Dan I live in the northwest, I raced Flattrack and motocross for 20 years and was good, next went to extreme snowmobiling running NOS on my sled, then into thee UTV seen on full mod, in may I ordered a new widebody Scat Pack from the factory, late June I was told I had cancer, I told my wife let the car go but she said get, it has been my major therapy because I cannot do any thing else but drive my car, I love speed and anything I can to make thing funnier in life I will there is not much you can do to these bad boys but for right now other than live one day at a time and have fun, and enjoy life will you can

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm going to have to agree with the OP here. I installed the PC on my 11 SRT8 and it TOTALLY changes the feel of the car. Makes it feel like the 'modern muscle car' it actually is, with close to 500 crank HP, even though it's a bit of a heavyweight. My biggest complaint was that the drive by wire throttle mapping was very lazy and non responsive - at least on my car. 2011s don't have different modes (sport, track, etc.), like the later years, so it was a quantum improvement. I of course understand that it's NOT a power adder in any respect, but it just makes the car way more fun to drive.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,146 Posts
So my take on this from reading just about every post on this forum since I've been active. Everyone who has one loves the effect it creates. Not one claimed it made the car faster, or that it did anything more than it says it does.

Everyone who comes to these threads calling it BS and snake oil has never used one, and believes anyone who likes it is an idiot and full of it

Why must people who have never tried something crap on a thread when all they have to say is it's BS? If the OP said it decreased his 0-60, or 1/4 mile time, you could question it, but why question someone saying they like the effect? How does this injure you or spread any false info?

Too many people on this forum quick to jump in just to post negativity when it adds nothing to the thread.

Pedal Commander, well documented what it does, it can also be done with a tune, etc. If you like it, you like it, but if you've never experienced it, why on earth would you come spraying your negativity? Just shake your head if you wish, but leave these people to their opinions.

A Guy

·
Registered
451 Posts
So my take on this from reading just about every post on this forum since I've been active. Everyone who has one loves the effect it creates. Not one claimed it made the car faster, or that it did anything more than it says it does.

Everyone who comes to these threads calling it BS and snake oil has never used one, and believes anyone who likes it is an idiot and full of it

Why must people who have never tried something crap on a thread when all they have to say is it's BS? If the OP said it decreased his 0-60, or 1/4 mile time, you could question it, but why question someone saying they like the effect? How does this injure you or spread any false info?

Too many people on this forum quick to jump in just to post negativity when it adds nothing to the thread.

Pedal Commander, well documented what it does, it can also be done with a tune, etc. If you like it, you like it, but if you've never experienced it, why on earth would you come spraying your negativity? Just shake your head if you wish, but leave these people to their opinions.

A Guy
Absolutely, that's fine to have the opinion that it's great. I have the opinion it's snake oil based on understanding electrical/mechanical systems. I shared my opinion, just as they did, and I moved on.

I just think it's important to document skepticism on the proper components - such that someone researching these forums spends their money wisely, on products that grant an actual return on investment. I provided input along with my opinion, regarding pedal re-mapping and adaptive reset. My intent wasn't to flame OP, but simply to provide historical record that consideration should be given to products like this that take someone's hard earned money and only produce a perception of power gained, as opposed to real power gained. As long as that is documented, I think it helps all of us. There was a time a decade ago when I didn't know the first thing about modifications, so I know how influential even ONE forum post can be sometimes.

Reactions: Ronan978

·
Registered
451 Posts
To all of you Challenger people, I was not looking to cause any issues with other forum people, my name is Dan I live in the northwest, I raced Flattrack and motocross for 20 years and was good, next went to extreme snowmobiling running NOS on my sled, then into thee UTV seen on full mod, in may I ordered a new widebody Scat Pack from the factory, late June I was told I had cancer, I told my wife let the car go but she said get, it has been my major therapy because I cannot do any thing else but drive my car, I love speed and anything I can to make thing funnier in life I will there is not much you can do to these bad boys but for right now other than live one day at a time and have fun, and enjoy life will you can
It's all good man - no issues here. We just have our opinions and sometimes get loud about them. You'll beat the cancer, and after that you will drive your Challenger for many years :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts