Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'll admit it's been some time since I owned a truly quick car. I sold my '69 Z28/RS back in '86. It had a very nicely built 302 and a rock crusher 4 speed. It was pretty darned quick.

However, after "finally" opening up my new Challenger, my memory has surely failed me because this thing is scary quick. From a stand still I hit the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd in what seemed like a few heartbeats. I have a stock '10 R/T 6 speed, aside from the Magnaflow catbacks and the Mopar CAI. The sound of that Hemi running hard is intoxicating.

All I can say is you dudes with 392's and superchargers must have some truly scary rides.

What a great car.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
I'm intoxicated every day it seems..
Fast is defined a bit differently today. Back in the 60's and 70's it was just brute force and how much carburation one could get away with. They were faster than snot.
Today these babies are technology fast. Whole different feel and sound. I like 'em. As you said, very intoxicating indeed.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it's a different feel and sound. I was describe it as more refined as less "frenetic"!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts