Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I have not gotten my challenger yet but I want a burgundy Challenger RT or a scat pack with the shaker. But it seems impossible to find the model I want with a color that I like. They are all either white, black, or grey nice colors just I want burgundy. I'm wondering is it worth it to buy any color and just wrap it? My other question is how much were your wraps if you have one or how much do you think it would be? Or would it be more beneficial to search for an out of state car and have it shipped into me keep in mind I'm getting a used challenger. Thank you for your time and help. (y) look forward to joining this community for this is my first post! :)

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
A good wrap will run you a few K. I saw a Jeep Gladiator wrapped and that was about 4K. YMMV. Also, I would never buy a used vehicle, sight unseen. That's asking for trouble.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
Just order a new one in the color you want.

Never mind, just saw you want a used one. We had a member hear who had a terrible experience with a wrap job, I would not do it, plus none of the jams will match if you wrap it. Might want to go repaint with the paint code or custom mix, but by the time you do that, you may as well break down and buy a new one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
ok so I have not gotten my challenger yet but I want a burgundy Challenger RT or a scat pack with the shaker. But it seems impossible to find the model I want with a color that I like. They are all either white, black, or grey nice colors just I want burgundy. I'm wondering is it worth it to buy any color and just wrap it? My other question is how much were your wraps if you have one or how much do you think it would be? Or would it be more beneficial to search for an out of state car and have it shipped into me keep in mind I'm getting a used challenger. Thank you for your time and help. (y) look forward to joining this community for this is my first post! :)
wrapping is what people do now, but it is nice to have the actual color you want as the original. Since your buying used and you really want that color find model you want and just get it wrapped. it will cost though. Unless you can hold out for the perfect color match you want. Then your gonna wanna get the paint protected to preserve it.

like i said if you want the color that bad just wrap it if you can afford. Im not too sure how much it will cost wrapping the car, but it will protect the undercoat a little. If money id the issues then hold out for the right color. best of luck to you. Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the warm welcome!
wrapping is what people do now, but it is nice to have the actual color you want as the original. Since your buying used and you really want that color find model you want and just get it wrapped. it will cost though. Unless you can hold out for the perfect color match you want. Then your gonna wanna get the paint protected to preserve it.

like i said if you want the color that bad just wrap it if you can afford. Im not too sure how much it will cost wrapping the car, but it will protect the undercoat a little. If money id the issues then hold out for the right color. best of luck to you. Welcome to the forum
Thanks for the warm welcome! and ill probably just wrap it down the road because there are so many nice 2016-19s used with low mileage in my area!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Just a random tidbit I found online:

"Texas-based Austin Extreme Graphics says car wraps can start as low as $2000 for a small two-door, such as a Fiat 500. A larger coupe, like a Chevy Camaro or a Ford Mustang, and smaller SUVS, trucks, and vans start at around $3500 "

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a random tidbit I found online:

"Texas-based Austin Extreme Graphics says car wraps can start as low as $2000 for a small two-door, such as a Fiat 500. A larger coupe, like a Chevy Camaro or a Ford Mustang, and smaller SUVS, trucks, and vans start at around $3500 "
Alright great appreciate the help, my man!

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,294 Posts
If you go on cargurus the majority of challengers are black I know the color you’re looking for and they are far and few.that is a beautiful color and you would think there would be more of them or the guys that own them in that color aren’t selling or trading them in.the wraps are great but they see you coming when it comes to pricing

·
Registered
8,496 Posts
If you go on cargurus the majority of challengers are black I know the color you’re looking for and they are far and few.that is a beautiful color and you would think there would be more of them or the guys that own them in that color aren’t selling or trading them in.the wraps are great but they see you coming when it comes to pricing
It's called Octane Red

·
Registered
8,496 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
533 Posts
Octane Red is pretty much Burgundy. With the deals they have now. 0% APR for 84 months. You can pretty much get a new 2019 or 2020 RT Shaker or Scat Pack Shaker for pretty cheap. Good luck, brother

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just order a new one in the color you want.

Never mind, just saw you want a used one. We had a member hear who had a terrible experience with a wrap job, I would not do it, plus none of the jams will match if you wrap it. Might want to go repaint with the paint code or custom mix, but by the time you do that, you may as well break down and buy a new one.
Fair point guess ill see how my money is when i can afford it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Octane Red is pretty much Burgundy. With the deals they have now. 0% APR for 84 months. You can pretty much get a new 2019 or 2020 RT Shaker or Scat Pack Shaker for pretty cheap. Good luck, brother
Thanks man hoping to get it within 4 months

1 - 20 of 20 Posts