Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Core
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a BT engine dress up kit for my 2013 Core Challenger. It's nice stuff, and went on easily, except for the power steering pump cap. The one I received from BT looks nothing like the one on my car. I emailed BT asking if they sent me the wrong one, or if I have the wrong one on my car from the factory. I haven't heard back from BT in a week, so I thought I'd ask here.

Which of these caps do you have on your 6.4? Should I be complaining to BT or my dealer?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I ordered a BT engine dress up kit for my 2013 Core Challenger. It's nice stuff, and went on easily, except for the power steering pump cap. The one I received from BT looks nothing like the one on my car. I emailed BT asking if they sent me the wrong one, or if I have the wrong one on my car from the factory. I haven't heard back from BT in a week, so I thought I'd ask here.

Which of these caps do you have on your 6.4? Should I be complaining to BT or my dealer?
The one on the left does not look like the one I got from BT back in 2010. Mine was shaped like the one on the right. My cover fit over the my existing cap.

·
Super Moderator
14,187 Posts
The one on the left does not look like the one I got from BT back in 2010. Mine was shaped like the one on the right. My cover fit over the my existing cap.

Same here. Look at the cap on my 2009 SRT.

Your OEM cap is the one that was on the 6.1s. Possibly, some 6.4s are still using this cap.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Same thing happened to me!

I also ran into the same problem on 2014 Challeger!
I was asked to send in a picture of both caps and then I got a RMA return number with shipping lables to return the "wrong" cap and BT is to send the correct one, just emailed them to see what ever happened to the "correct" unit this morning I send my wrong one in on 12/17/13 and have not gotten the correct one yet.
Everything else fit perfect!

The one thing is that I wish is that their caps would have two set screws instead of one, sure would secure everything quite a bit better.

David

·
Registered
2013 Core
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also ran into the same problem on 2014 Challeger!
I was asked to send in a picture of both caps and then I got a RMA return number with shipping lables to return the "wrong" cap and BT is to send the correct one, just emailed them to see what ever happened to the "correct" unit this morning I send my wrong one in on 12/17/13 and have not gotten the correct one yet.
Everything else fit perfect!

The one thing is that I wish is that their caps would have two set screws instead of one, sure would secure everything quite a bit better.

David
I just got off the phone with BT. Like you, they asked that I send them a pic of the two caps side by side. We'll see what happens.

Two set screws would be nice, but my caps seem pretty tight with just the one.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Even the oil cap one?

On mine, the oil cap one seems to pull off pretty easy I'm thinking of getting a small drill bit and make a 1/16th inch "dent" on it so that the set screw sets in farther.
Why would they want more than one picture? Did you talk to a "Alex" at BT?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Replacement unit shipped today!

I got an email from BT telling me that my replacement cap was shipped out to me today!
everyone else should get theirs replaced just as soon.

David

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,122 Posts
On mine, the oil cap one seems to pull off pretty easy I'm thinking of getting a small drill bit and make a 1/16th inch "dent" on it so that the set screw sets in farther
This is exactly what I did on mine. Now it is much more secure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts