Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my mufflers today, but I think they're the wrong size. I believe for my 2016 SXT I need 2.25 but the mufflers are 2.5.... is this gonna be a huge issue for the shop installing them? Is it going to be an issue for my car?
I guess I could wait a few more days and get the correct size but I'm leaving out of town in a few days and I'd really like them in before then...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
759 Posts
Are they just welding them in or were you trying to get them to do a slip fit and clamp installation? If they are going to be welding them in, they should be able to just weld those in no problem, little mismatched but no big deal (unless you are paranoid about that kind of thing), no problem to your car. If you wanted the ability to have them removed by hand in the future (no cutting needed) then best to get the right size.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are they just welding them in or were you trying to get them to do a slip fit and clamp installation? If they are going to be welding them in, they should be able to just weld those in no problem, little mismatched but no big deal (unless you are paranoid about that kind of thing), no problem to your car. If you wanted the ability to have them removed by hand in the future (no cutting needed) then best to get the right size.

I planned on having them welded in....

·
Registered
460 Posts
So I got my mufflers today, but I think they're the wrong size. I believe for my 2016 SXT I need 2.25 but the mufflers are 2.5.... is this gonna be a huge issue for the shop installing them? Is it going to be an issue for my car?
I guess I could wait a few more days and get the correct size but I'm leaving out of town in a few days and I'd really like them in before then...

Ummmm...Why not ask the mufler shop instead of a bunch of guys who don't have any skin in this game?
BTW: What's the rush? If you're welding them in, they're going to there for a long time!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Shop should have no problem doing that for you then. A quarter inch difference is nothing to be concerned about when welding a muffler in. Have fun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts