Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not totally sure but I looked under a non IE SRT8 and the small mufflers looked different than mine. Let me know or find out!
Thanks

·
Registered
757 Posts
It should be the same exhaust for an IE and non-IE 392 SRT8. The only difference was the tips, where the IE has the clamped-on Quad tips, and non-IE's have the standard single-outlet tips. I'm not sure the difference between the 6-speed and auto 392 cars, as the auto cars have MDS, and the drone takes more effort to control on those cars.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I have a 2010 system. Shoot me a pm if you want it. I would only need a little $$ to bother with shipping and the shipping cost. Let me know.

·
Registered
627 Posts
It should be the same exhaust for an IE and non-IE 392 SRT8. The only difference was the tips, where the IE has the clamped-on Quad tips, and non-IE's have the standard single-outlet tips. I'm not sure the difference between the 6-speed and auto 392 cars, as the auto cars have MDS, and the drone takes more effort to control on those cars.
Just an FYI....there is no part number diffrence between MDS/Non-MDS exhaust part numbers. There is a part number difference between IE392 sales code ACQ and Non-ACQ 392 exhaust

RESONATOR AND PIPE,Exhaust
Left Side [ACQ] 05181625AA ESG
Left Side [ACQ] 05181625AA ESH
Left Side 68068333AA ESG
Left Side 68068333AA ESH

MUFFLER AND RESONATOR,Exhaust
Right Side [ACQ] 05181626AA ESG
Right Side [ACQ] 05181626AA ESH
Right Side 68068334AA ESG
Right Side 68068334AA ESH

EXHAUST TIP,Tailpipe
Right Side [ACQ] 05181592AA ESGD
Right Side [ACQ] 05181592AA ESH
Left Side [ACQ] 05181593AA ESG
Left Side [ACQ] 05181593AA ESH

·
Registered
757 Posts
Interesting to know... Short of the tips, there's been nothing written about, or can be seen as a difference between the IE exhaust and non-IE.. I wonder why the different part numbers..

·
Registered
627 Posts
Interesting to know... Short of the tips, there's been nothing written about, or can be seen as a difference between the IE exhaust and non-IE.. I wonder why the different part numbers..
I can't answer that. I did speak to the Engineer here at work who wrote the engine PCM calibration for the 6.4L/Auto trans combo. I was inquiring about getting a little bit more powah out of my R/T. He told me it would benifit me to install the SRT exhaust. He said they got it right on the 6.4L and the exhaust note was sweet. I personally havent heard one yet but now I'm wondring if he was talking about the IE model? :scratchhead: I must pick his brain again.

·
Registered
559 Posts
only problem with selling this system is it would way too costly to ship it, its very long. i have one sitting in the basement with 30 miles on it. its for sale, shoot me a pm, local pickup best i am in central ohio.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts