Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the purchase of the hellcat hood I would like to go back to a stock air box with a lid , so I don't have to worry about sucking in water. Let me know what you have , I could probably get away with just the lid!

·
Registered
263 Posts
With the purchase of the hellcat hood I would like to go back to a stock air box with a lid , so I don't have to worry about sucking in water. Let me know what you have , I could probably get away with just the lid!
Where are you located? I'm in Canada and I'm assuming you are in the States but if you can't find anything on your side...I have the entire 2011 set up (tube, filter, box and lid). I can't see myself using it again so it's there as an option.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same here in OKCity Jim!

I put in the RC2 Black Hex.

I'm just worried about the water problem from the vents from the hood, I'd like to build some kind of flashing out of green plexi to keep the water off the filter , by the way my car is back from the paint shop and I was just out there working on that fuse box cover , I will have it wired in tomorrow, I need a connector that I didn't have of course .. I'll post pics tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I'm just worried about the water problem from the vents from the hood, I'd like to build some kind of flashing out of green plexi to keep the water off the filter , by the way my car is back from the paint shop and I was just out there working on that fuse box cover , I will have it wired in tomorrow, I need a connector that I didn't have of course .. I'll post pics tomorrow!
If I only had a Nickel for every time I was doing a wiring project, and needed one more connector that I didn't have!
:(

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a complete SRT OEM air box set up from a 2010 SRT, removed with less them 100 miles on it. I am located in NJ

I would be interested in that , is there any diff between the 2010and the 2011 SRT? The engine is diff , does anyone know ??

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I only had a Nickel for every time I was doing a wiring project, and needed one more connector that I didn't have!

:(

Isn't that the truth. I have a entire tool box drawer full of connectors , you would think I'd have the one I wanted. Nope !

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
I would be interested in that , is there any diff between the 2010and the 2011 SRT? The engine is diff , does anyone know ??
Yes the 2010 6.1 and the 2011 6.4 392 air boxes ARE different. 2011-2014 should all work......:5:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts