Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I imagine many of your have upgraded your 2008-20010 SRT8 6.1L Hemi to a cold air kit and have your stock air filter box assembly lying around. I don't need the actual filter box, but rather just the rubber elbow with the 90 degree bend. I'm not willing to pay much, so let me know if you're willing to help a fellow gearhead out and clean up your garage a tad.

You can see a picture of the exact tube/elbow I'm talking about here

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for trying to help out a fellow gear head . If you look at the pictures in both posts, you'll note the 6.1L air filter box to throttle body elbow tube is different than the 5.7L version. Externally the 6.1L version has visible ribbing, whil ethe 5.7L is smooth. Internally the 6.1L tube has a larger diameter. I am specifically looking for a 6.1L elbow as pictured above.

GTOGreg - I see you have a R/T, and not the SRT8 which is the only model that comes with the elbow pictured above. If you have the correct 6.1L part pictured above, please check your PMs and reply back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ttt still looking for the elbow pictured above. I believe the 6.1L Charger uses the exact same part.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tip. It seems these shops carry only tubing targeted for the import 4cylinder crowd. Their diameter is too small for a V8. The SRT elbow pictured above has an inlet that is 110mm diameter and the outlet is 87mm.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Still have mine for sale if you're interested. I think you're local here int he Bay Area, right? Mine comes with a modified lower box that lets more cool air in - especially if you've removed the trim around the rad...

I paid $40 for it and I think that's a fair price to sell both the elbow and box for?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts