Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to buy a blastin bobs reso muffler delete for 6 speed 2010 challenger R/T I hear a lot of people buy them then upgrade whole system , let me know what you have thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
You really don't need the BB reso delete kit (though many people love them). I went to my local specialty muffler shop and had the resonators removed and they custom bent a set of pipes and welded them in. Cost about $125 parts and labor.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You really don't need the BB reso delete kit (though many people love them). I went to my local specialty muffler shop and had the resonators removed and they custom bent a set of pipes and welded them in. Cost about $125 parts and labor.
Ive thought about that route ,but id like to be able to put my stock exhaust back on if I get tired of her being loud

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Just buy a new set from Blastin Bob.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a furious fuchia 6 speed R/T also , is the reso delete ok inside the car or is it pretty loud on long trips?
At cruising speed, 50-75 in 6th gear it sounds like stock. There is a bit of drone when getting up to speed in the 2k and up range while rowing gears through town but it's not too bad. The sound is worth it, boy it screams at WOT.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im looking to buy a blastin bobs reso muffler delete for 6 speed 2010 challenger R/T I hear a lot of people buy them then upgrade whole system , let me know what you have thanks
I have a set for an R/T 6-speed. These are the ones without the magnaflow resonator:
250CE 5.7L Challenger Resonator Delete "Loudest"

I don't have the clamps for them though. $50 and I'll split the shipping costs with you.

·
Registered
728 Posts
This has proven to be a bad idea sometimes, the pipe is usually compression bent and not mandrel bent. The compression bent pipe will change the sound and also the ripples in the bends, the cheap muffler clamps, wrong gauge steel, the lack of factory clamps and hangers and no nora ball tooling used to make the end where your tips go on can all be a problem and all contribute to the sound and drone associated with these quickly built no thought pieces of scrap that was laying on the floor of a muffler shop. The minute you weld on the cheap wire hangers the pipe is rusting on the inside and out, the compression bends and cheap muffler clamps have been known to throw Check engine lights so if you are going to go a cheap way beware. Muffler shops are becoming a thing of the past, they basically are there and good for the guys or girls that have old muscle cars that need exhaust, New Muscle cars are loaded with computers and sensors that throw that CEL the minute something isn't right, as for welding them on, the bad side of that is if you want to go back stock to sell the car or trade it it make things difficult and also if the weld is not hot enough and leaves small voids you will suck air and throw a CEL. You should get a properly built resonator delete kit from a company that has done the proper R&D and built the parts with the proper tooling to ensure a quality part that will not be a problem for you. I think Arrington Performance/Shop Hemi.com is selling them or is in the process of offering them, one of the tuners named Dave Kasper was talking about them on a build they just got done with in July.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This has proven to be a bad idea sometimes, the pipe is usually compression bent and not mandrel bent. The compression bent pipe will change the sound and also the ripples in the bends, the cheap muffler clamps, wrong gauge steel, the lack of factory clamps and hangers and no nora ball tooling used to make the end where your tips go on can all be a problem and all contribute to the sound and drone associated with these quickly built no thought pieces of scrap that was laying on the floor of a muffler shop. The minute you weld on the cheap wire hangers the pipe is rusting on the inside and out, the compression bends and cheap muffler clamps have been known to throw Check engine lights so if you are going to go a cheap way beware. Muffler shops are becoming a thing of the past, they basically are there and good for the guys or girls that have old muscle cars that need exhaust, New Muscle cars are loaded with computers and sensors that throw that CEL the minute something isn't right, as for welding them on, the bad side of that is if you want to go back stock to sell the car or trade it it make things difficult and also if the weld is not hot enough and leaves small voids you will suck air and throw a CEL. You should get a properly built resonator delete kit from a company that has done the proper R&D and built the parts with the proper tooling to ensure a quality part that will not be a problem for you. I think Arrington Performance/Shop Hemi.com is selling them or is in the process of offering them, one of the tuners named Dave Kasper was talking about them on a build they just got done with in July.

The blastin bobs products are mandrel bent and have correct ball mount for tips , can't find anything negative on the net about them other than some people say they are louder than they wanted , but no quality issues , anything past the o2 sensors should not be turning on the cel . Blasting bobs makes complete systems all top notch quality also.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The blastin bobs products are mandrel bent and have correct ball mount for tips , can't find anything negative on the net about them other than some people say they are louder than they wanted , but no quality issues , anything past the o2 sensors should not be turning on the cel . Blasting bobs makes complete systems all top notch quality also.
The Blastin Bobs products are good quality, these fit great and the tips lined up perfectly. I took these off to put on a set with the magnaflow resonators. The new ones I bout were for an automatic so the clamps didn't work and I had to reuse the ones from my old kit. These are in great condition with no dents or scratches. Shipping on these shouldn't be more than $20 so I won't charge you more than $60 shipped for them. Here are the pics, let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Blastin Bobs products are good quality, these fit great and the tips lined up perfectly. I took these off to put on a set with the magnaflow resonators. The new ones I bout were for an automatic so the clamps didn't work and I had to reuse the ones from my old kit. These are in great condition with no dents or scratches. Shipping on these shouldn't be more than $20 so I won't charge you more than $60 shipped for them. Here are the pics, let me know what you think.
I'll take them , if 60 shipped works for you pm me with your paypal info and I'll get payment over to you

·
Registered
728 Posts
Blasting Bobs are a good start, I wasn't saying anything bad about them, was just trying to keep you away from the cheap muffler shop ones. But just so you know the blasting bobs do not have the proper nora ball on them and they don't have factory hangers. When you receive them they will have rust at all hanger points and welds, buy some high heat engine enamel and put a couple good coats on them and they will be fine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pipes

I have blastin bobs delete pipes on my r/t
Great product. Perfect fit no problems at
All took 1/2 hr to install. Factory fit is perfect.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts