Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a MOPAR CAI - any other cold air systems could be interested in too. Not real interested in $390 from a dealer.If you have one laying around and looking to sell message me. 2010 6.1 Thanks

·
Registered
629 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I'm looking for a MOPAR CAI - any other cold air systems could be interested in too. Not real interested in $390 from a dealer.If you have one laying around and looking to sell message me. 2010 6.1 Thanks
Save your money and buy a SRT8 airbox and tube, throw in a K&N filter and call it a day. The SRT airbox has a large cutout, bigger than the R/Ts, to let more cooler, ambient air into the intake. Also, the SRT tube is all rubber, not plastic, and does not have the extention for the air silencer that the R/T has.

I paid just a little over $100 for all of it.

Here is a link : http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f37/installing-srt-air-intake-into-r-t-23701/

·
Registered
629 Posts
I believe he already has an SRT. He could do the K&N drop-in with his current box.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I believe he already has an SRT. He could do the K&N drop-in with his current box.
My bad, I missed that part. Yeah these intakes already flow good, and don't involve the under the hood heat, like most CAIs do. I'd just get the drop in filer. Some like the cool sound when the open air systems, though. Me I just wanted performance and low cost.

·
Registered
629 Posts
My bad, I missed that part. Yeah these intakes already flow good, and don't involve the under the hood heat, like most CAIs do. I'd just get the drop in filer. Some like the cool sound when the open air systems, though. Me I just wanted performance and low cost.
I had read a lot about the sound of the CAI, but from inside the car, the sound isn't very noticeable. It could be that the Solo exhaust is drowning out the sound. I can hear it, but it isn't loud.

The aFe seals against the bottom of the hood and draws from the bottom. It did well in the tests that I read and the install was a breeze.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CAI

That was one of the reasons - the sound - but mainly because I m putting on these tunes with the predator and they have a perf tune and a cai tune which I'm assuming is better ? - could I run the cai tune with the k&n drop in ?

·
Registered
629 Posts
That was one of the reasons - the sound - but mainly because I m putting on these tunes with the predator and they have a perf tune and a cai tune which I'm assuming is better ? - could I run the cai tune with the k&n drop in ?

I recently called Diablosport to see if they based their CAI stock tunes on any particular CAI and the guy that I talked to didn't know. I would think that the CAI tune assumes a CAI that flows more than the stock box with a K&N, but I'm just guessing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.