Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good deal on a DY SRT-8 six speed. (closer to Michigan the better)

Thanks,

Andrew

·
Registered
406 Posts
saw one in amherst, oh. i think it was with mullinax....
so i think the link was mullinaxdirect.com
yellow, 6 speed, 640 miles; advertised price was $35 and change

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
The last time I looked. Antioch Dodge in Illinois had two of them on their lot still. I bought my R/T Classic there for 8k off. There is also one at Northfield Dodge in Illinois as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked with Anticoh as they have three so you think they would be motivated to sell them off, and they would not accept my offer. Basically they advertise at the top of the page over 10k off, then you scroll down and it shows 9100 off and when i spoke with them they said thats as low as they will go.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Damn. $9100 off sounds like a killer deal to me.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i thought about buying one of those DY's from them since Sept 2010

they give decent deals, but were always shy of where i felt the car should be....right now i wouldnt take anything less than $10k off

i wanted $11k off and i would have skipped my 392

last fall they were at $6k off and i wanted $9k.....and still they sit

they offered me $2k over sticker on an IE392

i enjoyed e-mailing her back saying i got $2600 off sticker

there's a 2010 B5 left in IL.....its stripped/automatic for $8-9k off

remember you can get almost $3k off a 392 now, so $9k off is really $6k off

is it worth $6k for 1 year older which will always be worth less when you resell and a slower engine which will always be worth less on resale

in 10 years if you resell your new 2011-392 vs a 2010 6.1 you may get $5k less on the 2010....

for a $6k savings id rather have the 392...its noticeably faster

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I talked with Anticoh as they have three so you think they would be motivated to sell them off, and they would not accept my offer. Basically they advertise at the top of the page over 10k off, then you scroll down and it shows 9100 off and when i spoke with them they said thats as low as they will go.
They add back in the destination charge of $750.00 dollars off their quoted prices. They quote lower than most places but do mention the price excludes the destination charge. It is a little sneaky, and they said that was the way they do it when I called them out on it. They also try to charge to $200.00 to etch the VIN into the windows, which is dumb. Thus, my car was quoted at $29,962, but the real price they were charging was $30,912 after they added back in the destination charge and window etching. Therefore, their ad of 10k off sticker is really $9,050 off sticker. It is deceiving, and I almost didn't buy from them because of that, especially when the manager there gave me attitude when I pointed out the anomally. I eventually caved and bought the car anyway since it was within driving distance and the only one I found optioned the way I wanted. I did get them to not charge me the $200.00 window etching BS though.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
i thought about buying one of those DY's from them since Sept 2010

they give decent deals, but were always shy of where i felt the car should be....right now i wouldnt take anything less than $10k off

i wanted $11k off and i would have skipped my 392

last fall they were at $6k off and i wanted $9k.....and still they sit

they offered me $2k over sticker on an IE392

i enjoyed e-mailing her back saying i got $2600 off sticker

there's a 2010 B5 left in IL.....its stripped/automatic for $8-9k off

remember you can get almost $3k off a 392 now, so $9k off is really $6k off

is it worth $6k for 1 year older which will always be worth less when you resell and a slower engine which will always be worth less on resale

in 10 years if you resell your new 2011-392 vs a 2010 6.1 you may get $5k less on the 2010....

for a $6k savings id rather have the 392...its noticeably faster
I would just buy a 392 at this point anyway. I kicked myself for a week after I bought the R/T thinking maybe I should have gotten a leftover SRT-8 for about 6-7k more. Then I thought why do that when I can wait a couple of years and buy a 392 for not much more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts