Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Zoomers put on my 2013 Challenger SRT8 392 6M on Tuseday Feb. 11, 2013 and also added an X-Pipe. The owner of Ripley's Muffler shop said it may help with the drone. However, Speedlogic (Mickey?) said the reason it is sold without the X-Pipe is the drone. The drone is while shifting through the gears and quiets down at hwy speed. Has anyone noticed this with the X-Pipe? I am contemplating removing it and going to straight pipes. Any thoughts on this issue? :shrug03:

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I had Zoomers put on my 2013 Challenger SRT8 392 6M on Tuseday Feb. 11, 2013 and also added an X-Pipe. The owner of Ripley's Muffler shop said it may help with the drone. However, Speedlogic (Mickey?) said the reason it is sold without the X-Pipe is the drone. The drone is while shifting through the gears and quiets down at hwy speed. Has anyone noticed this with the X-Pipe? I am contemplating removing it and going to straight pipes. Any thoughts on this issue? :shrug03:
I have the older Zoomer system and used THEIR x pipe provided with the exhaust. I have no drone whatsoever. I have a 6 speed manual.

The only change is that they got rid of the x pipe and put straight pipe to replace it. Made more sense for them to do that from a cost perspective. Soundwise should be similiar.

·
Premium Member
10,188 Posts
I have the older Zoomer system and used THEIR x pipe provided with the exhaust. I have no drone whatsoever. I have a 6 speed manual.

The only change is that they got rid of the x pipe and put straight pipe to replace it. Made more sense for them to do that from a cost perspective. Soundwise should be similiar.

Difference with the X Pipe on your system is that it is "fake" where the one that the original poster is talking about is real.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Difference with the X Pipe on your system is that it is "fake" where the one that the original poster is talking about is real.
The X-Pipe they put on my system is real, a true open X type crossover 3" diameter. - I looked through it before it was put on. A real X-Pipe and you clearly see the open shared area for gas exchange.

Mikey, when my Speedlogic Zoomers came in two sections of the pipes were partially covered with boxes labeled Vibrant Performance. Is Vibrant Performance part of the Zoomers kit??

·
Premium Member
10,188 Posts
The X-Pipe they put on my system is real, a true open X type crossover 3" diameter. - I looked through it before it was put on. A real X-Pipe and you clearly see the open shared area for gas exchange.

Mikey, when my Speedlogic Zoomers came in two sections of the pipes were partially covered with boxes labeled Vibrant Performance. Is Vibrant Performance part of the Zoomers kit??
Yes - I was meaning that the one you put on was real where the X-Pipe that ZOOMERs use to send with the kits was a fake X-Pipe in that it did not open in the middle.

ZOOMERs and Vibrant work together on the design and building of the mufflers and resonators.

Like I was saying on our LiveChat - the ZOOMERs kit was designed without a real X-Pipe because of the lower performance, sound and drone that it got during testing with the real X-Pipe. That is why they are shipped with straight pipe.

Thanks
Mikey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts