Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Scatpack and I believe its time for myself to upgrade my exhaust. Though I can't decide on either getting the AWE H-Pipe Track edition exhaust kit or Borla X-pipe ATAK exhaust. I just want to make the best decision performance wise. Thoughts? Or any better performing/sounding kits?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Your car has an x-pipe stock from the factory. No performance gain will be made by changing it out.

Reactions: LMorgan and 392rios

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack, Octane red, A8
124 Posts
Agreed, and from all I’ve learned the factory exhaust is actually hard to beat especially with the active exhaust. If anything the best mod I’ve found recommended for little cost is removing the mid mufflers and simply putting short sections of pipe in their place. Improves exhaust note without being unbearable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed, and from all I’ve learned the factory exhaust is actually hard to beat especially with the active exhaust. If anything the best mod I’ve found recommended for little cost is removing the mid mufflers and simply putting short sections of pipe in their place. Improves exhaust note without being unbearable.
Thats what I have done right now, but im just not quite satisfied. Im going to buy an AWE exhaust kit.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
In most cases I wouldn't expect noticeable power gains from an "h" or "x" pipe anyway. The real benefit here is tone and sound, IMO.

To my ears virtually all V8 engines of all brands sound better with a connecting pipe that brings the exhaust pulses of all 8 cylinders together. Without an H or X what you really have is two separate 4 cylinder exhaust systems. To my ears the ability to smooth out the sound (loud or quiet) with the connection of piping for all 8 cylinders just sounds ...BETTER!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I believe X pipe does technically scavenge better

Like others said, the factory exhaust is an X pipe and you wont gain much performance

The some people throw those dynomax mini bullets where the mid resonators are

I would move further up the exhaust if you want more performance. Talking long tubes / catylitic

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,602 Posts
In general the X Pipe scavenges better. X Pipe more high pitched/European sound. H Pipe a deeper muscle car sound. Some say the X Pipe will give more HP at a higher RPM, while a H Pipe will give you more low end torque. On a stock engine, I doubt the performance would vary much between the two, but the sound would be the reason to choose a H Pipe over the X Pipe. But there are so many variables, there can be no set rule

A Guy

Reactions: Fawls
1 - 7 of 7 Posts