Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been search and reading and I think my head is ready to pop off. I'm looking to replace my SRT-8 exhaust to get a better sound. After reading and reading, it looks like the Corsa seems to be the only one that has no drone, is that true or have I missed a thread or two? If that is not the case, please tell me your thoughts on what you used and how happy you are. If it looks like Corsa is the way to go, can you recommend the model and the best place to purchase based on price. Please keep in mind, I'm looking for a muscle car sound without the highway drone. Thanks in advance for your help, Shhnappa.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Zoomer's has no drone either... I prefer the deeper rumblier tone of the Zoomer's over the raspier Corsa.

Just my opinion...

(I like the look of your car with the "regular" SRT-8 rims, looks great! How much did that set you back?)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I went from Corsa Sport to Zoomers. No drone and definitely louder more aggressive tone.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Corsa has no drone. I bought mine before they offered the more extreme / louder version. I would like mine to be a touch louder under normal idle/ driving. However, It is plenty loud enough when I jump on it.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I've listened to all the exhausts, and in my opinion Meisterschaft has the deepest most "muscle-car-true" sound out there. It's not too loud at idle, but the higher the rpms, the louder it gets. At full throttle, it's pretty darn awesome! They are, however, NOT cheap. They do NOT have a drone. My mileage has dropped over 5mpg since installation because I no longer short shift, and there's a lot more revving to enjoy the sound. I've never had an exhaust affect my mileage like this!

Best advise I can give, is to go to Challengerfest in Bowling Green at the end of April. You'll get to hear all different kinds of exhausts, then you can pick out the sound you're seeking.

My car will be there as well...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zoomer's has no drone either... I prefer the deeper rumblier tone of the Zoomer's over the raspier Corsa.

Just my opinion...

(I like the look of your car with the "regular" SRT-8 rims, looks great! How much did that set you back?)
Thanks for the feedback. I have been leaning towards to Zoomers myself, plus I'd like to retain the factory tips. One question I have, do I need to get the "X" pipe, or can I use the factory one? If I use the factory "X" pipe, do I need to cut it off, I haven't had a chance to look under there to see if it is clamped on or if it is all one piece from the factory, I'm thinking its one piece. Lastly, as to my '06 SRT8 wheels, I bought them back in '06 as "Take-Offs" for my '06 GoManGo Daytona, and I kept them when I traded it in, I just like the look of the original SRT8 wheels over the newer style, I get compliments on them all the time, thanks for yours as well. I think I paid $2100 for the set which included 245 / 255 Goodyear F1's with 0 miles on them. Anyway, let me know what you think about my additional questions, thx again, Shhnappa.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, after much more reading and reading, I have made my decision and it came out of left field, by reading and searching. I went with the SOLO's, I figured you can't beat them based on what I've heard and read. I'll post up my thoughts after I recieve them and finish the install.

·
Registered
978 Posts
That's a shame...

I just installed my Zoomers exhaust today and it is PURE SEX! I must have drained half the tank cruising around!

The build quality of the exhaust is amazing, everything fit right into place and it is a VERY impressive looking exhaust (stainless, mandrel bent, etc) I got a LOT of compliments on it in the shop.

Everyone hung around for the big start-up, big grins all around!

Not that it matters @ this point, but I got the x-pipe so I wouldn't have to cut off the stock system (which you have to do without it).

Had Zoomers throw it in for free, got the whole system for $1100.

Totally worth it! Hope you enjoy your choice though...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I believe Zoomers is having a sale if you're still interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts