Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You hear this pathetic attempt to dismiss the Hellcat from your standard everyday fanboy of whichever auto brand. The Hellcat has 707 horsepower. Yeah, BUT the Hellcat is a fat pig that can't get out of its own way. These guys are the worst. They remind me of political hacks who defend their particular political ideology or party to the point of zealotry regardless of the reality. Those are the people you stay away from when the conversation veers anywhere out of the everyday realm of small talk. I feel confident in saying no serious car lover could dislike the Hellcat. You cannot be a car guy and hate the Hellcat or the idea behind it. It is so brutally and unapologetically American and that is what makes it so special. Does anyone need 700+ horsepower in what can be considered a practical daily driver? Hell NO! But we want it! It doesn't need explanation. The Hellcat is a microcosm of America. It stands for ingenuity, strength and a bit of tasteful excess.

The Hellcat is fu*#ing awesome! And it is simply un-American to deny it!

·
Registered
197 Posts
if youve scene the jay lenos garage video on it...the chrysler guys said the complaint hardcore challenger owners had was the weight vs the competition....so they poured the coal to it and gave it monster horsepower without making it smaller...still has a good size trunk and interior size which is what owners like...thats what i like about it and i dont have a family and kids but sometmes ya need to move people around and throw stuff in the trunk.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if youve scene the jay lenos garage video on it...the chrysler guys said the complaint hardcore challenger owners had was the weight vs the competition....so they poured the coal to it and gave it monster horsepower without making it smaller...still has a good size trunk and interior size which is what owners like...thats what i like about it and i dont have a family and kids but sometmes ya need to move people around and throw stuff in the trunk.
That was a great episode! I've watched it twice. I want the Hellcat so bad. I can't say I haven't thought about ways to acquire it that won't leave me destitute. It selling over MSRP would be the nail in the coffin for my zany ideas though. I'm in my twenties and rather than thinking about a down payment on my first house I'm scheming a Hellcat lol. I could be like Will Ferrell's character in Wedding Crashers- Chaz Reinhold. Living with my mom at 30! MOM, I WANT SOME MEATLOAF! F*CK! At least I'd have a Hellcat though...:pimp:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Fat? Yes

Pig? Pigs don't run 11 second 1/4 miles.

I love it just as it is.

Thanks Dodge!

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Registered
61 Posts
They say that about all Challengers, but it's the "fatness" of the car that leads to some of the benefits -- space and comfort. If you want a smaller, more nimble, sports coupe, go get a Mustang or one of the many other similar cars. Not literally 'a dime a dozen,' but there are lots of those types of cars in today's market, just about from every maker. The Challanger offers a unique niche, especially if you are looking for a manual transmission that is comfortable ride.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Lol my Ford friends give me problems all the time. Just the other day one of them asked when I was getting my Hellcat...I told them as soon as I can order it. They all laughed saying blah blah blah Chrysler products suck, its too heavy, can't turn, list goes on and on.

Problem is Chrysler really does have a bad rap and to be honest their stuff really use to suck. But within the last 5 years or so their stuff really has gotten a whole hell of a lot better. But the damage has been done and it will take some time to get people back.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,044 Posts
After owning a Mustang and the latest Camaro I found these two cars too small for me and my passengers. Most everyone that drove in one of my Challengers remarked how plush, comfortable and that they had plenty of room, not to mention they thought it was f-ing gorgeous. Fat? Nah, big-boned!

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's been my experience that most of the people knocking the Hellcats are people driving bottom of the line mustangs and camaros, people who can't afford any kind of competitive ride, and/or kids. Screw em, they have no skin in the game, what they think is irrelevant.

Reactions: Madcoder

·
Registered
541 Posts
I like everything about the Hellcat, Even the name...Reminds me of the beefy planes that rolled out of the factory during WW2 (a bit before my time)...All American!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I like everything about the Hellcat, Even the name...Reminds me of the beefy planes that rolled out of the factory during WW2 (a bit before my time)...All American!
And it was one of the fastest if not THE fastest prop fighter of WW2! And it was fat and in it's case ugly compared to a SpitFire or P-51, But was Bullet proof.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
It's been my experience that most of the people knocking the Hellcats are people driving bottom of the line mustangs and camaros, people who can't afford any kind of competitive ride, and/or kids. Screw em, they have no skin in the game, what they think is irrelevant.
^
This.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Lol my Ford friends give me problems all the time. Just the other day one of them asked when I was getting my Hellcat...I told them as soon as I can order it. They all laughed saying blah blah blah Chrysler products suck, its too heavy, can't turn, list goes on and on.

Problem is Chrysler really does have a bad rap and to be honest their stuff really use to suck. But within the last 5 years or so their stuff really has gotten a whole hell of a lot better. But the damage has been done and it will take some time to get people back.
Unfortunately, you are right. Daimler did a lot of damage to brand reputation. But it is quickly being reversed. 60 minutes produced a favorable piece about the 'new' Chrysler a few years back during the launch of the Dart. I have a personal example. In 2007, my mom bought a 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T. Although, at the time it was an all new car and the top of the line model it still reeked of cheapness and hard plastics. The transmission had problems of slipping and kicking into gear and my mother traded it in within 3 years. She said she hated that car. Prior to that, she had a loaded 2002 Dodge Intrepid that was silver, spoiler, sunroof, factory chrome wheels, all factory ground effects, fog lights. I still miss that car. I basically took it over while I was in high school and I was proud to be seen in it. It was a real beauty. We all loved that car and she regretted trading it in for the Avenger for years. However, in 2011 my parents bought a 2011 Dodge Ram HEMI 1500 Sport Quad Cab all black with black matching bumpers rather than chrome which I guess was the 'Sport' designation. They traded a 2006 Dodge Ram SLT 1500 Quad Cab HEMI for it. Well, the build quality is phenomenal. Leather abound with contrast stitching. Soft touch material, leather-looking dashboard I guess injection molding. Nav, rotary shifter, dual exhaust. All of which the '06 Ram was lacking. They still have that Ram and it's holding up great. I feel if they keep on this track they can win back brand integrity over the course of the decade. The sooner they kill off the Avenger the better.

-Same exact Intrepid just in Bright Silver Metallic-Same exact truck and color.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
After owning a Mustang and the latest Camaro I found these two cars too small for me and my passengers. Most everyone that drove in one of my Challengers remarked how plush, comfortable and that they had plenty of room, not to mention they thought it was f-ing gorgeous. Fat? Nah, big-boned!
Yes, Mustang and Camaro are 2+2 with no room for adults in the back. As a practical daily driver, the Challenger is an easy winner. At the track, the Mustang has an inherent weight advantage thanks to being a much smaller car with a much smaller interior. Every car is a compromise, even the Veyron.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Well then I guess the Hellcat must be proof that pigs can fly.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,436 Posts

Not "big-boned", but rather Rubenesque = VOLUPTUOUS

Standard wheels
Driver Convenience Group
Leather Interior Group
Sound Group II
8.4 Uconnect (No Nav)
Technology Group

Passed on:
Scat Pack Appearance Group - didn't want grill blacked out
Dodge Stripes - have my own ideas in mind!
Sun Roof - having A/C is "un-muscle car enough!"

Reactions: GeneJockey

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
They can say all they want about my (Fat Pig) because at the end of the day..........
I'm driving a Challenger and there not ...and secretly wishing they were

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.