Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just recently decided I'm going to buy a challenger. I've driven 3 ( a v6, an R/T 5 speed , and a srt-8 auto). And think I've decided I like the R/T W/6-speed the most.

Do you guys have any info on them. I'm looking at the 2010-2012 Era mainly for price.

Thanks
Justin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hey everyone. I just recently decided I'm going to buy a challenger. I've driven 3 ( a v6, an R/T 5 speed , and a srt-8 auto). And think I've decided I like the R/T W/6-speed the most.

Do you guys have any info on them. I'm looking at the 2010-2012 Era mainly for price.

Thanks
Justin

Welcome to the forum. I've had both R/T in auto and 6spd. The auto was a 2010 and 6spd 2013. I love the 2013 6spd. It's fun to drive but the auto is less hassle if you live in a high traffic area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum. I've had both R/T in auto and 6spd. The auto was a 2010 and 6spd 2013. I love the 2013 6spd. It's fun to drive but the auto is less hassle if you live in a high traffic area.
I guess I'm weird. High traffic doesn't bother me with a manual.

Are there any known issues with these cars. Besides the timing chain?

Justin

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
There were some suspension changes and other minor things post 2010 that greatly improved the handling of the car, I would recommend springing for a 2011 at least if those things are important to you.

Look around, read, search, coming to the forum and asking for just general information about Challengers isn't going to get you any meaningful answers. Most topics have already been covered at least 5 times, if you have a specific question do a search, and it's probably already been answered.

Welcome.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I guess I'm weird. High traffic doesn't bother me with a manual.

Are there any known issues with these cars. Besides the timing chain?

Justin

The only issue on the 2013 manual was first and second sticking which there's a fix from the dealer. Re-grease the shaft. Aside from that it's been a solid car...

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
The only issue on the 2013 manual was first and second sticking which there's a fix from the dealer. Re-grease the shaft. Aside from that it's been a solid car...

This was mainly a pre-2011 problem, though my 2011 suffered from it they wouldn't fix it under warranty because it was after the cut-off. 2012+ should not have this problem and I don't recall reading about it happening to 2013s, yours would be the first for me if you experienced it.

I highly recommend going with a 2011 or newer to get the improved suspension, cleaner front grille, and various other little upgrades over the pre-2011 models. I loved my 2011. :)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
This was mainly a pre-2011 problem, though my 2011 suffered from it they wouldn't fix it under warranty because it was after the cut-off. 2012+ should not have this problem and I don't recall reading about it happening to 2013s.

I highly recommend going with a 2011 or newer to get the improved suspension, cleaner front grille, and various other little upgrades over the pre-2011 models. I loved my 2011. :)

I had it done this year on my 2013. Getting into 1st was bad and second was worst! Dealer was aware of the issue and it was covered under the KB notes in the system.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I had it done this year on my 2013. Getting into 1st was bad and second was worst! Dealer was aware of the issue and it was covered under the KB notes in the system.

Interesting, I wonder if they expanded the VIN or date range after I had it fixed (I had to pay for the clutch and most of the labor) in 2014. Do you have any info on the KB used? Wonder if I could get reimbursed... :)

Must've been pretty rare after 2011 models because I think your 2013 is the first I've heard of it happening to that model year. Glad they took care of it for you.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Interesting, I wonder if they expanded the VIN or date range after I had it fixed (I had to pay for the clutch and most of the labor) in 2014. Do you have any info on the KB used? Wonder if I could get reimbursed... :)

Must've been pretty rare after 2011 models because I think your 2013 is the first I've heard of it happening to that model year. Glad they took care of it for you.

I'll look for the paperwork and post it when I find it. Yeah when I went to the dealer and told them what was going on they said "Yeah that has been identified on the manual". No big deal it's shifting fine now :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
JavierA
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing