Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day,

Getting ready to move back up to Alberta this summer and having spent 4years out of Canada, wondering if driving my beloved RT year round in Edmonton is feasible. Already have winter tires and grew up in the SW Ontario snow belt so used to winter driving just unsure of the road conditions in Edmonton. Planning on living in St-Albert or Morinville and commuting to the north side of the city.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
No problem at all

200 lbs of weight in the trunk, winter tires and rims, and a in car heater. Don't forget the ice scraper

Some wintery weather conditions require a slower travel speed but most people are driving slower anyways.

The biggest concern I have is scraping the front spoiler on the ruts in the snow on some of the residential side streets.

These cars have seat and steering wheel warmers for a reason!

·
Registered
112 Posts
it's possible...Ive seen a few out and about this winter. had mine out in the nice january weather we had. its the damn rock chips that bother me the most, although in alberta we get those year round lol. the windows freezing and not rolling down to clear the window seals is the biggest problem

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, guess I'll have to give it go and see. Most worried about the rocks up there, before moving south I was about 3hours north of the city for acouple years. Went through more windshields in those 4 years than in the rest of my years combined..

Little off topic but any good car gatherings in the area?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ya there is a few good gatherings

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I fired mine up for the first time in almost 5 months! It was like picking it up from day one! What a long winter..... f*ck. can't imagine driving mine in winter like you say about the spoiler and I can definitely see the window thing being a problem. I heard someone using some kind of deicer on it though. Prestone?

·
Registered
597 Posts
My SRT stays parked in the winter. With the amount of snow we had this year I would have ripped the spoiler off several times on the rutted roads. Even today driving my truck, I got machine gunned with pebbles on the Yellowhead coming to work.

I didn't buy it as an investment but I'm not going to re-paint it every 2 years.

My 2 cents...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I live in Michigan and NOT going to drive it in the winter. If its not a car you want to hang on to or you got it cheep than go drive it .. if you look around you could find a winter beater cheap to get rusty and replace the crack the windows cheaper..

·
Registered
112 Posts
My SRT stays parked in the winter. With the amount of snow we had this year I would have ripped the spoiler off several times on the rutted roads. Even today driving my truck, I got machine gunned with pebbles on the Yellowhead coming to work.

I didn't buy it as an investment but I'm not going to re-paint it every 2 years.

My 2 cents...
ugh...the yellowhead has to be the worst for rocks....got so many rock chips on that stupid highway...hate driving to and from work

·
Registered
26 Posts
mu 09 R/T 6sp is driven all year round have 140,000 km's to prove it. Like ZatZuma said sand bags, (I have two) and good winter tires and you are good to go . As well as a somewhat regular washing when temp is around -20(stays clean longer) lol
Wes

·
Registered
342 Posts
I am an edmontonian and i am glad i found you guys. I recently purchased a 2015 challenger rt and i was wondering about driving it in the winter and you people just reminded me just how bad it gets here in the winter with the rutted road.
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts