Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I bought my Challenger from Gainesville Dodge, but it came from Orlando. When I took delivery, they were removed. While taking delivery of the car, there was an R/T and a Hellcat in the show room, both with these yellow protectors, which is why I asked.
Thanks for the answers. It might make for an interesting conversation at a weekend get together to have them in the trunk as a funny conversation as to what they were intended for.

Had they been on, I certainly would have removed them after reading the responses on this thread.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
They should make them of a biodegradable material that will dissolve in sunlight after a few weeks :)

A Guy

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
A new spoiler isn’t so expensive that if yours gets scuffed now and again you can simply replace it. My driveway is on a significant hill and I never scrape the unguarded spoiler, just turn in on an angle to go one tire then the other.
With a previous car that had a $400 front splitter/air dam I am quite familiar with all the tricks to avoid damaging or even dragging the splitter. Might mention in around 150K miles of driving I never damaged this or had to replace it. However not long after I bought the car I let someone drive it who was unfamiliar with the air dam and he damaged it and I had to replace it.

I do when possible approach driveway entrances and exits at a angle. Still the corners make contact with the pavement.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Next thing people will want to do is show off there new car on the show room floor with the Yellow Guards on them.:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Thank you, it's REDLINE RED, a 2016 I bought New Left Over in March 2017.
I am guilty of leaving the guards on for a while, but then returned to the Dark Side and removed them.
It is true that the guards do leave scratch or ware marks on the splitter and dirt. Now you see them......
:oops:

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,849 Posts
Speaking of, just Friday I saw I nice Challenger in traffic. I went to make a wave gesture and noticed the yellow bananas, and changed my mind.

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
Nothing shouts "Rookie" more than yellow stripes on a spoiler.

Ask any NASCAR driver. LMAO

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,599 Posts
What if the body color is already yellow, wouldn’t the extra yellow of the guards clash with the paint and mess up the car’s feng shui?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,599 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
That's why Mustangs don't have any yellow splitter covers...they are already too likely to wake up a room...or a crowd

A Guy

·
Premium Member
6,599 Posts
That's why Mustangs don't have any yellow splitter covers...they are already too likely to wake up a room...or a crowd

A Guy
You misspelled “take out

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
No substitutions!

A Guy

·
Registered
301 Posts
I must admit I left mine on because I get a kick trolling people who hate them. I read an article a while back in C&D or R&T where the author spoke about how much he liked them. They reminded him of the yellow warning paint on WWII aircraft propellers. I named my car P47 in honor of that. Besides, sort of matched my throwback CA license plate.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts