Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SRT Core, 6-speed
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw one...now I am wondering-I know the YJ gets the bright yellow paint, black stripes, and yellow interior trim...but is that it? It's otherwise a standard SRT 392, right?

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,014 Posts
Yup, I had one once. It also had a blacked out grill surround.

·
Registered
694 Posts
my version of the '17 sp yellow jacket complete w/shaker

·
Registered
2013 SRT Core, 6-speed
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SO...$17,500 for a 2012 Yellow Jacket. 116K miles. Reasonable?

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
4,031 Posts
Cool car, I guess depending on condition. That is a lot of car for that money, but it is a lot of miles as well.
Speaking of Yellow Jacket, why is that a color on everything but the Yellow Jacket? Those are "Stinger Yellow" correct?

·
Registered
694 Posts
We're a huge fan of the Yellow Jacket color, we have one here at the shop as a personal car. Seems like a reasonable price as long as it is in good condition.

- Alexis
in my opinion yellow is one of those colors that can't survive on it's own. the car i loved out of muscle 1 which included a '68 roadrunner, was a '71 340 duster in yellow & black stripes. yellow has to be broken up that's what i tried to do with mine, make them stand out more. I'd enclose a pic of mine but all pics i had were burnt in a not so nice divorce. so one i found on the net

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,014 Posts
Too high for that many miles IMHO, but if it was say 70K miles then yeah, for sure! 116K is a bunch...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have one as well. Model specific (iirc) to 2012 Yellow Jacket were -The color and stripe,392, the wheels, seat inserts, white stitching on the leather seats, and suspension upgrade. Approx 3,300 were produced. This car pulls off yellow quite well, I get compliments all the time and have never once heard "ugh, yellow". It's a little bright for my typical taste, but is truly a joy to drive.

I'm a real fan of the color coded seat inserts in the earlier Challengers, and the Yellow Jacket Logo in the front seats is a bonus to that. Also, I prefer the pre-2015 taillight configuration.

Mine was a super clean, very well equipped example with approx 50k miles. I paid Just over $25k at a dealership. I probably could have done a bit better, but this one checked all the boxes for me so I bought. I think they're trading a little high compared to KBB, so expect that. You can find other SRT8's for under KBB, but most that I found had some disqualifying issue (been registered in the rust belt, in a collision, dodgy title, more than 1 owner, automatic transmission, etc) for my taste.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love my YJ!! Just got some NT555r2s for the back and I’m excited to try them out. The stock tires don’t hold up against the 3.92 gears it comes with. I got mine for $33K from a dealership because the previous owners bought it brand new and only used a handful of time to go here and there or to take a small cruise threw town. For it being 9 years old it only 24.2K miles on it. Everything was in amazing condition and it was all original. And I agree with @Mercury. Yellow is definitely not my preferred color for cars, but Stinger Yellow really compliments this one. I also prefer the 2015+ tail light config. It’s sleek and modern where as the factory ones on my YJ make it look kind of dull and behind on the times.

10/10 love my car!

·
Registered
44 Posts
in my opinion yellow is one of those colors that can't survive on it's own. the car i loved out of muscle 1 which included a '68 roadrunner, was a '71 340 duster in yellow & black stripes. yellow has to be broken up that's what i tried to do with mine, make them stand out more. I'd enclose a pic of mine but all pics i had were burnt in a not so nice divorce. so one i found on the net View attachment 986934
I agree, yellow is somewhat of a shocking color on it's own. When matte black is added, the contrast is striking. Here is my T/A.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The 15+ taillight is growing on me, but I still prefer the 2008-14. I could see upgrading to LED someday, but I really don't look at them that often so probably not. I think several places are making kits to update them though if that's your thing. It's really the only thing that marks the cars as old from the exterior. I do like the new dash, but still love my old seats with the color matching insert. It's a nice car. There are very few things that live up to the hype and these cars just do. Mine is quiet, comfortable, fairly fuel efficient (left foot dependent), has a huge trunk, and is sexy and fast. It gets compliments every time it goes out. I know there are faster cars out there, but for a reasonable mix of everything this car provides, nobody is doing it better.... at least for me. I'd upgrade to a Demon or maybe SuperStock if the money was right, but I'm not shopping for one.

Oh, and from my experience, NO tires hold up... at least not the rears. I do really like the Continental extreme contact though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a 2012 and now a 2017 (both yellow). The biggest difference IMHO is the 8 speed automatic transmission, the 2 3/4" active exhaust, and the Uconnect 8.4 with all the performance settings. The difference between these years is striking once you drive and compare them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts