Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in buying the yellow SRT front spoiler/splitter protectors that come with the car from factory.

I'm willing to pay $20 + shipping to California.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Please paint them black. :grin2:

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Please explain this to me @praiseV8. I bought a TV for out in the garage yesterday and I did not feel the need to keep it's packing materials. Should I see if anyone had the styrofoam packing that came stuck to the TV. Should I join a forum and see if people will sell me their packing materials? :D Ok that sounded kinda smart a$$ but I really want to know, what is the fascination with these things?

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,230 Posts
Mostly because of the scratching...
They have ointments for that now, just so you know.....>:) (couldn't resist).

You could go dumpster diving behind a dealership and probably find a few...

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm interested in buying the yellow SRT front spoiler/splitter protectors that come with the car from factory.

I'm willing to pay $20 + shipping to California.
I've got a set if you want them still. PM me if you do.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Yellow

Please explain this to me @praiseV8. I bought a TV for out in the garage yesterday and I did not feel the need to keep it's packing materials. Should I see if anyone had the styrofoam packing that came stuck to the TV. Should I join a forum and see if people will sell me their packing materials? :D Ok that sounded kinda smart a$$ but I really want to know, what is the fascination with these things?
Don't be a Hater :fight:
I love em, look good on My car and I don't have to re-apply Ointment daily :scratchhead:
And why would I paint them black? It's the contrast in color :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will paint them black or red.

I tried my local dealer and they said they don't take them off, they leave them on the cars.

·
Registered
694 Posts
to me they really work well with my yellow jacket color otherwise i'd paint them body color if i put them on.

·
Registered
643 Posts

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Although the yellow accents looked nice on my black scat, Leaving them on causes scratches/damage to the splitter after a while. I removed them and added splitter guards and besides my black and yellow license plates gives it a bit of that yellow accent I lost when I removed them.

https://zl1addons.com/collections/splitter-guards/products/splitter-protection-washers-challenger-hellcat
Yeah, those weren't going to help with what I did to my splitter. I backed up and turned into a parking spot but miscalculated the how much overhang I have and I carved a valley out of the side of my chin spoiler. It's not noticeable unless you look for it.

Kick myself in the ass over that since I've been wanting to buy the protectors for a while but put off making the thread.

I thought I had curbed my new wheels for a second..

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yeah, those weren't going to help with what I did to my splitter. I backed up and turned into a parking spot but miscalculated the how much overhang I have and I carved a valley out of the side of my chin spoiler. It's not noticeable unless you look for it.

Kick myself in the ass over that since I've been wanting to buy the protectors for a while but put off making the thread.

I thought I had curbed my new wheels for a second..
I think unless they made demon splitter protectors it would only protect the corners of the splitters

I doubt they make splitter protectors that go all around for the scatpacks right? There does not seem to be a market for these. People either don't care about protecting it or they get those "carbon fiber" replacements or even splitter extensions https://zl1addons.com/collections/dodge-challenger-splitters/products/challenger-srt-splitter-ext

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think unless they made demon splitter protectors it would only protect the corners of the splitters

I doubt they make splitter protectors that go all around for the scatpacks right? There does not seem to be a market for these. People either don't care about protecting it or they get those "carbon fiber" replacements or even splitter extensions https://zl1addons.com/collections/dodge-challenger-splitters/products/challenger-srt-splitter-ext

That's where I did the damage, the side not the front.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts