Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Challenger brothers and sisters.
I have a 2011 SRT and want to get a pair of the yellow splitter guards. Will they fit on my 2011?

·
Super Moderator
13,847 Posts
Why would you want them? They do nothing for aesthetics.

They are used for shipping and are supposed to be removed after delivery. Dodge is now making them in pink to discourage keeping them on. Supposedly, they can damage the splitter if left on long term.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why would you want them? They do nothing for aesthetics.

They are used for shipping and are supposed to be removed after delivery. Dodge is now making them in pink to discourage keeping them on. Supposedly, they can damage the splitter if left on long term.
I know the what's and why's about them. I know some people like them and some don't. But I have a plan, can you me please. Thank you 😊.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
1,543 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey. Nice ride. As far as I know the yellow splitter guards were put on models from 2015 up so I am not sure if they would be compatible with your 2011 splitter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome from New Jersey. Nice ride. As far as I know the yellow splitter guards were put on models from 2015 up so I am not sure if they would be compatible with your 2011 splitter.
I wonder how much there is different, do know.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Scat Pack. 6 speed manual.
226 Posts
Might as well run those yellow fender protectors they use during assembly.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts
So many critics, he asked if they will fit, not if y'all like them ;) He's not putting them on your cars

A Guy

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I actually did order the line fender protectors! definitely leaving those on for sure! no dings and you can lean on it all you want

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
252 Posts
So many critics, he asked if they will fit, not if y'all like them ;) He's not putting them on your cars

A Guy
Agree, i think the best way to find out is go to a dealer and pull one off a new one and see if it fits yours. Our dealers are closed on Sundays here in NV, so easy to do here :).
Just make sure you put it back ..im sure there are cameras.
BTW...im not a fan either :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts
Do you smoke these 5-10 joints before or after?

A Guy

·
Registered
199 Posts
My widebody did come with the splitter guard still attached when I got my car. I special ordered the car and told the dealer to leave the plate bracket off so I guess they figured it would be better to leave the splitter guard also. There are raised letters on it to be removed by dealer. I ran it for a short time and I did rub the splitter a few times. I was considering just painting it black and put it back on but now I have used it as a template to make a black lexan splitter lips. I have not installed them yet since they probably won't last long but I like the concept. It's your car, do what you like. Not sure if paint would even stick to that slippery type of plastic unless you use special plastic paint.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Luxe makes a pre cut ppf kit for short ones on the ‘17’s but not the full length ones for ‘18’s+

1 - 20 of 21 Posts