Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here have the skills to change the spoke color these M/T SC-5 wheels (picture attached). They come stock with a gloss black spoke and chrome lip. I like the lip, but not the gloss black spoke. I wonder how they would look with a gunmetal/anthracite gray spoke, to resemble the look of boss 338's and torq thrust m's. Any/all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
A good powder coater!

Find yourself a good powder coater, he will dip them in a "Industrial Paint Remover" then he/she can coat in any color.
Do you think that the chrome lip has a clear coat? Sometimes depending on the color of choice, you can not spray a clear coat on "blacks" you will need to discuss this with your powder coater before you pull the trigger.

I love these wheels!

David

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I am diggin these wheels as well. Just not sure the black spoke is going to grow on me. Thats why I was thinking of powder coating them to a gunmetal gray. I am hoping to find someone on the forum skilled in photoshop, to mimic the look I am going for.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Yea, I am diggin these wheels as well. Just not sure the black spoke is going to grow on me. Thats why I was thinking of powder coating them to a gunmetal gray. I am hoping to find someone on the forum skilled in photoshop, to mimic the look I am going for.
You are right..gunmetal would bring out the design of the wheel which looks great.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are right..gunmetal would bring out the design of the wheel which looks great.
No doubt. I found a picture of the wheel in a machined silver. Its cool to see how a lighter color on the spokes brings out the design of the wheel like you mentioned.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
No doubt. I found a picture of the wheel in a machined silver. Its cool to see how a lighter color on the spokes brings out the design of the wheel like you mentioned.
Good find on that picture..but is shows that in 17" on their site...it was added a few weeks ago. I wonder if all sizes can get the hypersilver???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts