Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a stupid thread, but I haven't gotten to drive my Challenger much the past few days because I've needed to drive a truck.

So, tonight came and it was grocery night, so we took it. I wanted to say that I removed my cargo net from the '08 Altima I traded, and it fits perfectly against the front wall of the trunk (behind tail lights), attaching to the thumb screws that hold the interior panels on.

Anyhow, when not being used the elastic bands collapse, and it sits totally flush along that wall at the latch, and then it's perfect for putting those flimsy plastic grocery bags into and keeps everything from bouncing off the trunk sides during spirited driving home.

Wasn't sure if Dodge offered a cargo net, but if they don't and if you need to haul small items in the trunk from time to time, I would recommend trying to get one of the Altima ones. (This is the big net that stretches from side to side, not the little one that came stock on all Altimas)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
This is a stupid thread, but I haven't gotten to drive my Challenger much the past few days because I've needed to drive a truck.

So, tonight came and it was grocery night, so we took it. I wanted to say that I removed my cargo net from the '08 Altima I traded, and it fits perfectly against the front wall of the trunk (behind tail lights), attaching to the thumb screws that hold the interior panels on.

Anyhow, when not being used the elastic bands collapse, and it sits totally flush along that wall at the latch, and then it's perfect for putting those flimsy plastic grocery bags into and keeps everything from bouncing off the trunk sides during spirited driving home.

Wasn't sure if Dodge offered a cargo net, but if they don't and if you need to haul small items in the trunk from time to time, I would recommend trying to get one of the Altima ones. (This is the big net that stretches from side to side, not the little one that came stock on all Altimas)

Sweet! This is something seriously missing from the Challengers.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lets see how you got it mounted. i have a net from a charger in mine.
Well, I've never posted a pic, but I can try tomorrow. In the meantime, the Altima net is simply constructed of an elastic "frame" much like bungee cord material with a loop on both ends. I've attached that loop behind the big plastic wing nuts behind each tail light.

This pulls it taut enough that there's no slack and both sides of the net lay against the front of the trunk, below the latch. Bags go inside, and they stay put!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts