Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove our Challenger to run a couple last minute holiday errands and while I was waiting for my wife to come back out to the car, an older man parked his Astro van and came over to me in the Challenger. He said "abosutely beautiful car, can I look at it". I gave him the tour, opened the trunk, hood, showed him the six speed. He was in awe. A big grin the whole time he admired the car. He thanked me for showing him the Challenger and as he walked back to his van he turned to me and said "enjoy that beautiful Challenger, I'm glad you bought it, you are driving my dream car". He waved and got in his van and drove off. Enjoy

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
nice story...:bigthumb:
these cars are awesome.
We should start a "my challenger got compliment today" sticky
problem is it would be the biggest thread, on any forum, in the entire universe, or multi-verse

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Nice story! :bigthumb:

You made his day. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm driving my dream car too.

I had a guy in a Toyota Corolla Hybird give me a thumbs up and said nice car going down the highway the other day. I thought it was funny coming from a Hybird. LOL

·
Banned
197 Posts
Driving on the freeway a month or so ago in very heavy traffic (i.e. "Keep your eyes on the road!"), a 20-something in a big white SUV did a triple-take at my car. I definitely view that as a compliment. :) Picking my daughter up at school and seeing the kids' eyes track the car as I pull in - definitely a compliment. Having a few attorneys at the law firm for which I work question a co-worker as to "Who owns that awesome car?" - definitely a compliment.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Last weekend, had a beautifull saturday so i went for a ride in the Challenger. I live on a side street off a main road and there is a large parking lot at the end of my street (actually for the company i work for) and there were a few kids playing on thier bikes and scooters, probably 11-12 years old or so. As i was downshifting, slowing down to turn up my street, all 3 kids stop what they were doing and take full notice of the Challenger, pointing and staring it down as i drive by! So, i popped it into 1rst gear around the corner and hammered it for them goin up the street. Didn't think anything more about it after i pulled into my driveway, but a few minutes later after i went inside i hear some kids somewhere around the house, no big deal as there are alot kids on my street. Then i heard "that car is sweet" and "that is so beautifull", i look out and it was the 3 boys from the parking lot checking out the Challenger!! They got a big kick out it! Hope maybe i influenced them in a good way, American muscle is what it's all about!

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I'm noticing that whenever I see somebody out in their yard or just walking down the street; 9 times out of 1o they'll turn their head to watch me go by.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Great story. I agree with Buckye Nut the attention never gets old. It seems no matter where I am folks come up to me and ask about my Challenger. I love seeing the reaction when I pop open the hood or when they check out the interior. When I was in the market to puchase a vehicle I looked at everything, Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Nissan, GM, BMW, etc. and after much thought the Challenger SRT8 was the only car for me. Did I spend more money than I planned? Yes. Does it get great gas mileage? No. Is it a bad ass muscle car? YES It is the only car for me and I'm assuming for everyone here...

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
When I bought mine last March, a guy saw mine in a parking lot and put his truck in drive and pulled up next to me and got out. Numerous times guys in Corvettes and other cars would pass me and give me the thumbs up or rubber neck. Oddly enough, in the last few months I haven't seen anybody oogle over my car like when I first got it. Do you suppose that it is my daily driver, I hardly wash it and the luster is gone or, am I so oblivious to everyone now, I don't notice anyone looking at it? Maybe the fall sunlight just doesn't bring out the best in this or any other vehicle?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
My sister and her husband drive Lexus SUV Hybrids (matching). I'm sure they think i'm the redneck in Alabama with the big carbon footprint that's not politically correct. My sister and my brother (he drives a 740il BMW) were both born and raised in Alabama and I have always been the car guy in the family. About 1980 my dad's mom decided to buy my sister a car and sent me to pick one out for her. I came back with a super nice, low mileage Pontiac Trans Am and my sister was hot crap driving that in high school. When she went to college she traded the TA in for a four door Honda Accord as fast as she could.
I am driving my dream car. If cost is not a factor I would just assume have my Challenger than anything else. If somebody gave me an unlimited budget I might find something else but I'd still want a Challenger.
wow there are a lot of similarities to our stories, except I found a Mustang convertible for my brother and he grew to love it up until he crashed it.
When I bought my Challenger and let my brother in law drive it (he's a lexus guy) a bunch of kids yelled nice car, I'm pretty sure that never happens in the lexus.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Last Saturday a car pulls up to me in the passing lane, kid in the front passenger seat lowers window and gestures to get my attention, I lower my window and, with his thumb up, he says "Mister, you have a really nice car."

I still haven't gotten over the reaction this car gets.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I still get compliments every time I take it out, even though they've been out for 2 years now. Sometimes people just do a prolonged stare, and sometimes they stop dead in their tracks or even get out of their car to come admire it. Both the younger and older crowds love it. A lot of the older folks who bought the original muscle cars of the 60's and 70's brand new have waited 40 years for this day to come.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Last night I was heading home from Lampassas and the freezing rain was coming down hard. A deer jumps out in front of my car and I down shift from sixth to 4th, then to 3rd to avoid hitting the brakes. The deer just sits half way in the middle of the road, I can't stop all the way...I honk my horn he does not move, the I rev my engine really loud preparing to slide around him. The sound of the Hemi scares him and he backs off the way he came. The moral of the story is....

Even nature is scared of teh Hemi! If I had been in an SE I would have died! lol

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've had people hanging out of their car going down the freeway just to take a picture. I feel like a rock star with the paparazzi chasing me around.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
^^^ Gawd, that is just "Drop Dead" gorgeous! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
I posted this story last year after it happened, but one day I was sitting in a left turn lane about three or four cars back. Coming up in the lane to my right was a mid-size Dodge (a coupe a little bigger than a Neon). He had one car stop in front of him at the light. When he saw my car, his head came out of the window and he just kept going -- right into the rear of the car waiting at the light. When I got the green left arrow to turn I slowly rolled by and just shrugged my shoulders like "I'm Sorry dude." I mean what can you say at that point, other than maybe, "Now you have an excuse to go buy one."

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Compared to what it looked like a couple of months ago. Yes, very nice. If that 66 Dodge Coronet 440 my mom let me drive hadn't made such an impression on me as a kid, who knows what color Challenger I'd be driving now. I'd like to have one of each. lol

·
Banned
165 Posts
Got my first 'thumbs up" today. This chick in a Dodge Neon pulls up to my passenger door hanging out the window with her thumb in the air. Light turned yellow so I dumped it, her smile was ear to ear.....so was mine, but I tried to play it cool. :pimp:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts