Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knock on door. Opened door. Centerton (AR) police officer at the door. Said some other resident of the complex hit my Scat Pack as he was pulling out of his parking space next to mine.

Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Land vehicle Car

Think I'm going to be sick...

Car just 2 months old.

Yes, I'm going to be sick.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pak
300 Posts
I feel for you.

On the bright side at least it's highly unlikely there's frame damage and it can be repaired. Looks to be all cosmetic. And, he did report it and it's a new truck so he likely has insurance. I guess no backup sensors on the truck.

Bummer though for sure.

Take a few tablespoons of Gaviscon, it will help your stomach.

Grieving with you.

DeWFPo

·
Registered
98 Posts
That sucks and the same thing happened to me with a different car a couple years ago. I feel your pain.

Wait, he was on the side of you parked, pulling out of the adjacent spot, and did that? Wtf?!

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
925 Posts
Dayum! That ain't right. I absolutely feel horrible that this happened to you. You take so much pride in ownership that you definitely deserve better.

Take a deep breath (or three) and then do the research to find the best body shop in town.

And as someone else said ... go after them for diminished value.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,571 Posts
Make sure you go for diminished value on top of the damage claim.
I was going to post this too. You’ll take a trade in hit when they pull the car fax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I’m going to be sick, too. I’m sorry this happened to you. How fast was this jacka$$ backing out of his parking space?
The driver's vehicle was parked to the left of my car which was backed into my assigned space. The driver was pulling out not backing out and cut the turn to the right too soon. The pic didn't come out but his pickup from the behind the passenger door to just ahead of the right rear wheel opening was pushed in/scraped.

I think I am going to be sick for you. Look at the bright side in that he didn't just drive off and leave you holding the bag.

I can't imagine not having a garage, that's things of nightmares.
Yes he called it in. 'course, not to put to fine a point on it had he not I think I would have spotted the damage to the side of his truck and the smears of Hellraisin color on his truck's paint.

What area? I may be able to help find a competent shop, if one exists in your area.
I'm in Centerton AR. Monday I will be at the dealer where I bought the car to ask about where the repairs can be done. At the dealer? Just removing damaged parts and bolting on new parts. A new fender will be required. These probably do not come pre-painted only prepped for final paint.

Hopefully with all the security cameras and such around you can get a picture of the "explicit word" person's license plate.
That makes me sick to my stomach.
I am sorry that happened to you.
The party involved called in the accident. He lives next door to me and on the 2nd floor.

Make sure you go for diminished value on top of the damage claim.
Will have to explore that. There goes any trade in value.

Wait, he was on the side of you parked, pulling out of the adjacent spot, and did that? Wtf?!
Just made his turn too soon didn't pull out of his space far enough and the passenger side of his pickup truck just behind the passenger door caught the left front corner of my car and well, you see the results.

·
Registered
16,452 Posts
That's is too bad bro, man I hate that! I'd search out the best body shop in town and screw what the insurance company says about it, your car is new so has to be perfect. Yes, everything has to be painted and they owe you diminished value too, will be a long process ahead I'm afraid.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Must of been a Drunk or DUI ,,, Condolences ... I dont even see a Real Tag on the back of his Pickup...
The driver called in the accident. Think he just bought that pickup. No plates on it.

Have to wait 8 days for the accident report. I took some pics of the report the officer filled out and the "license plate" looks to be a temporary tag.

·
Registered
2011 SXT
2,894 Posts
That will be on the Cars record as being in a Accident which will now affect trade in. Yeah id say truthfully might even want to get a Lawyer on this one.
When an Insurance company pays regardless for that to get fixed its now a car with an Incident Reported. Really does suck,

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,698 Posts
since it happened on private property you may get screwed on this, at least that is how it works in Ohio, no one gets cited, and you each take care of your own car. Getting Diminished value sis tricky because there is no determination on when you are going to trade it in, if ever.

1 - 20 of 258 Posts