Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i'm new and currently own a Mustang GT, which I use as by day-to-day. The Challenger is unbelievable and you can bet i'll be selling mine, or trading it in to get a Challenger. Anyway, what will your first exterior mods be?

For me...

- Change the Dodge grille
-- Something a little tighter would look sweet imo, the big gaps of the grille now just leaves me wanting. Personal opinion.

- Exhaust
-- Assuming the stock exhaust will be tame, I would change it to something a little throatier (new word), something with balls. I want people to hear me coming, and I want them to hear me at idle and be like 'holy god, that's a bad ass car.'

Honestly, that's all I think it needs. I was thinking about a ducktail, but the lines of the concept flow to the point that a ducktail would ruin it. This car is beautiful, and hopefully the production model won't be altered too much.

·
Registered
30 Posts
rims definitely
i like the look of r/t badges, and since i'll go for the most powerful srt-8, i might want to switch out the badges, but i don't know yet, plus it would be a nice suprise to people who think im drivin a 5.7 and then find out the hard way it's way bigger
maybe tires depending on the stock dimensions
i would probably really want to change the exhaust for a better sound, but i really like how the tip of these ones look, so im not sure whether i would just go with mufflers or not.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Welcome BeerNuts- I've got two mods in mind. The first is a light tint to the windows. And the second will be a script Challenger badge installed on the grill just to the left of the R/T.

This whole thing will be fun though.

·
Registered
492 Posts
My List of Planned Interior/Exterior Mods

Well, since you asked, here are my plans for my new Dodge 'Challenger'...not necessarily in any given order:

1.) Add a fuel filler location and cap, as I'm yet to spot one in any of the concept photos to date.

2.) Remove the ghastly 'Challenger' lettering from each rear quarter panel.

3.) Remove the 'Dodge Ram' head logo from the front hood overhang, as well as from the center of the steering wheel...as these belong on a Dodge truck and not on a 'muscle car'. I'd much prefer the hood identification as pictured in Doug Schramm's original digital concept images (like the one in my avatar).

4.) Add 25% high-end non-metallic tint all around (sans the windshield).

5.) Replace the wheels with more visually appealing deep-dish forged polished aluminum wheels. Also, if for some strange reason the 'Challenger' comes spec'd with other than Goodyear, then I would most certainly replace the tires with Goodyear ultimate high performance tires (the widest possible).

6.) Add a perimeter alarm system, similar to the one that I had in one of my exotic cars during the 80's. The alarm would generate a verbal (human voice) warning when somebody comes within close proximity of the vehicle, then deactivate when no further threat is indicated.

7.) Add a full set of custom-engraved non-slip satin finish aluminum performance pedals by 'Ultimate Pedals' (to include dead pedal, parking brake, and heel rests).

8.) I'm sure the 'Challenger' will have a 'throaty' exhaust note; however, if it's not 'throaty' enough to my liking, then I will most certainly add a custom dual performance exhaust system by 'Arlasky Performance, Inc' aka 'Zoomers'. I will, however, retain the OEM quad tips if it comes so equipped.

9.) Possibly change the front grille and the rear taillight assembly, as I'm not a real big fan of either currently displayed on the actual concept vehicle. I too would much prefer to see a 'Cuda treatment done to both the front and rear of the 'Challenger'; i.e., a more aggressive-looking grille and a set of quad taillamps to match the quad exhaust tips.

10.) Vanity plates...something creative and most certainly vehicle specific.

·
Registered
748 Posts
It doesn't need a thing but wheels and window tinting. Well, maybe a cat-back for the right sound.

·
Registered
45 Posts
REAR WINDOW LOUVERS

STRIPE ON THE REAR TO ACCENT THE GO WING

DELETE ALL BADGES

WIDEN THE RIMS OUT MYSELF AND ADD A FAT LIP TO ALL 4'S:eek:

LIMO TINT

BLACK OUT TAPE

·
Registered
3 Posts
chin spoiler/ repaint the hood stripe to the whole scoop width, remove the rear challenger emblem, tint tailights and windows, blacken out the grille, and of course the exhaust will have to be hear far away. (i have been driving 5.0 mustangs without cats and flows with dumps so thats why) shaving the hood and wheel emblems is good idea. also a penstar on the passenger lower fender.

·
Registered
77 Posts
AMG said:
REAR WINDOW LOUVERS

STRIPE ON THE REAR TO ACCENT THE GO WING

DELETE ALL BADGES

WIDEN THE RIMS OUT MYSELF AND ADD A FAT LIP TO ALL 4'S:eek:

LIMO TINT

BLACK OUT TAPE
;) I agree!

·
Registered
152 Posts
  • Modern Hood Pins
  • Chrome/Aluminum Gas Cap on rear quarter panal
  • Spoiler or Wing on back
  • Dark Tint
  • If possible raise exhaust tips up into the the rear valance with cut outs.
  • Carbon Fibre R/T Hood
  • I would like to see DCX offer some of these ideas as options if possible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BeerNuts said:
- Change the Dodge grille
-- Something a little tighter would look sweet imo, the big gaps of the grille now just leaves me wanting. Personal opinion.

- Exhaust
-- Assuming the stock exhaust will be tame, I would change it to something a little throatier (new word), something with balls. I want people to hear me coming, and I want them to hear me at idle and be like 'holy god, that's a bad ass car.'
Okay I added a few more... The 'Challenger' script on the rear quarter panel has to go. As well as the 'Dodge' logos on the hood and the steering wheel.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've changed my mind a few times but my latest

1) remove dodge grille (4 square has to go)
2) debadge (no names/emblems anywhere on the exterior)
3) tint - (windows/taillamps) not limo but enough to make the black paint flow
4) color matched or powder coated rims
5) shaved door handles

·
Registered
712 Posts
The original ones had a vinyl roof as an option so I'm gonna have a vinyl roof put on my new one too - you know, for the "true authenticity" look...

J/K - Honestly, other than window tint I'm leaving mine alone. I might change my mind and go for a retro flip-top gas cap (I'm sure those will be available aftermarket), but other than that - it's staying all stock.

·
Registered
24 Posts
CRAGAR SS wheels
Window tint
Quarter panel flip-open gas cap (I have an original '68 Charger R/T cap in stock-says "FUEL" )
Rear "Bumblebee" stripe (like the Dodge Scat-Pak models had in '70)
Front chin spoiler (CHALLENGER T/A type)
Rear wing (not a ricer type!)
De-badging (everyone KNOWS it's a DODGE!)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Magnum 500 rims (yeah, the got new ones available). And that 'Cuda intake grill. Old school spoiler with the old school windo slats. I'd like to have that Hemi logo like the older Challengers. That will make for some mean retro look.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I may pull the wheels off if I don't like those from the factory. I'd really like to put some appropriately sized old school (reproduction) dog-dish mags on the car, maybe 19s on back 18s on front. Here's hoping the aftermarket produces some vintage look-alike mags at some point.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts