Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran into a fellow Challenger owner the other day and was surprised to learn they were unaware of the sliding console in their car. So just in case anyone else is unaware of this little secret, here you go: your console lid/arm rest will slide forward if you give it a little shove from the rear (see attached pic).

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
actually, the first challenger I sat in was my cousins, and the second day he bought it i jerked my arm and that thing pulled out. I have never seen the death stare so strong in his eyes. We thought I broke it. lo and behold I just ended up finding a cool trick in his car :D

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
I read about that trick before I got my car so guess I cheated lol, otherwise who knows how long it would have taken to figure it out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Serendipity Indeed

actually, the first challenger I sat in was my cousins, and the second day he bought it i jerked my arm and that thing pulled out. I have never seen the death stare so strong in his eyes. We thought I broke it. lo and behold I just ended up finding a cool trick in his car :D
Yeah, I discovered it by accident as well, and I really like to use it to rest my arm on long trips, so I'm glad I did.

Seems strange to me that it's not noted anywhere in any of the 3 versions of the owner's manual, but whatever...that's why we have user shared info sites like this!

Nuke

·
Premium Member
8,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As we all know, the key to any healthy relationship is trust, and nothing destroys trust like keeping secrets.

As such, it sounds like some relationship building exercises might be in order for those who have discovered their car has been keeping a secret from them.

I would suggest some good runs similar to the following to start out with for those RBEs:
-- 3 x 0-60mph
-- 2 x 0-100mph
-- 1 x 60-125mph

Follow all that up with a stop off at the local self-serve car wash for a good wash and wax, and you should be well on your way to re-establishing the foundation of trust that is needed to move forward and get past such an ugly incident.

But in reality, any quality time you can spend bonding with your car will help. So, by all means, tailor these suggestions to you and your car's particular needs as you see fit.

Nuke

·
Registered
404 Posts
Didn't know that. I cant wait to get home from work and try this out haha

·
Registered
540 Posts
I drive my six speed with it all the way forward and one elbow out the window with my left fingers holding the steering wheel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had heard about the armrest thing but when I tried mine it wouldn't move. I thought it was broken, perhaps by the previous owner. Then one day I was cleaning out the back seat and "accidently" gave it a shove and it moved. I guess it just hadn't been used much in the past.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The Challenger has a few little secrets I've learned in the past 9 months, with this being one of them. Also learned you can roll the windows down with the key fob! Very useful for letting hot air out during the summer before getting in the car. The 0-60 timer is nifty too.

·
Premium Member
8,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had heard about the armrest thing but when I tried mine it wouldn't move. I thought it was broken, perhaps by the previous owner. Then one day I was cleaning out the back seat and "accidently" gave it a shove and it moved. I guess it just hadn't been used much in the past.
Mine has definitely slackened up with use. It'll slide forward now with just a little push fwd from my elbow, but it wasn't that easy to move when I first began using it. Back then, I would have to use the palm of my hand to push on it with enough force to get it to move.

I guess that means it doesn't have precision machined aluminum rails with ball bearings in there sliding back and forth...probably just formed plastic sliding along more plastic. Oh well, I knew it wasn't a Lexus when I bought it!

·
Premium Member
8,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Windows Down w/ Key FOB

The Challenger has a few little secrets I've learned in the past 9 months, with this being one of them. Also learned you can roll the windows down with the key fob! Very useful for letting hot air out during the summer before getting in the car. The 0-60 timer is nifty too.
If I'm not mistaken, 2011 was the last year models that came with the ability to roll the windows down with the key FOB.

I just figured out last year that mine could do that, but I didn't discover it until winter time, so I'm still waiting for summer to get here so I can finally put it to good use.

Once August rolls around, temps inside my car will be scorching when it's left in an open parking lot w/out any shade. So being able to roll the windows down for a little bit of a cool-off before I get in the car will be wonderful indeed!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts