Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm referring to their original "Cold Air Dam" CAI (pictured), whether oiled or dry, red, blue or black. I had it on my 2012 SXT, I liked the looks and slight improvement in sound, but in the summer it seemed to have more of a lag than stock, although I never compared 0-60 times. Reviews I've seen on it were overwhelmingly positive, and many report a slight increase in power and/or MPG. I know a CAI is mostly for looks and sound, and any improvement in power would be minor, but for those that have had this CAI, did you notice any increase or decrease in power or MPGs?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
On my V6 I didn't notice any performance change either way. Only difference was a deeper sound from my Solo exhaust

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
175 Posts
If you like the looks go for it. A sealed box will always perform better an open air intake. That's most likely while you saw the lag vs. stock.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When I had my 2013 300S V6, I had installed this CAI. Disconnected the battery for 20 minutes to reset the onboard fuel computer before starting the car. Average MPG went up from 21 to 23.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts