Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone :)

New to the forum so I apologize in advance if this is redundant ... I found a few pieces of information pertaining to a new build and time lines, but not specific to my case I suppose... my order was placed on May 25th ... VON and VIN have also come thru... my status is that all the parts to start the build process have been received.. that’s all I was told.... after this step... does anyone know aprox how long it takes them to actually build and ship? I checked with the chat line and they were very vague I’m thinking this is due to COVID...in any case thank you for taking the time :)

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,537 Posts
I've ordered two Challengers, the first was a 2010 R/T I got that car faster than expected and it arrived in just 5 weeks and I was very happy. The second, a 2014 SRT was actually initially ordered as a 2013 SRT, that one took six months during which time the car changed to a 2014 model (since it took so long that the model year actually changed while I was waiting) also the color changed because Hemi Orange (the color I ordered) was no longer listed and at one point I was actually told my order had been canceled. Of course when I wanted to know who canceled the order they couldn't even tell me that, then the order was back on but with all the problems previously mentioned, in the end I got my car, I'm happy with my car but not happy about the six month wait, missed out on a summer of driving and it was actually snowing the day I drove it home in November. I got it home in time to put it in winter storage lol. All that said the usual wait time is generally 5-8 weeks, I'm sure the factory being down for COVID has affected that though. Hope you get your car soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've ordered two Challengers, the first was a 2010 R/T I got that car faster than expected and it arrived in just 5 weeks and I was very happy. The second, a 2014 SRT was actually initially ordered as a 2013 SRT, that one took six months during which time the car changed to a 2014 model (since it took so long that the model year actually changed while I was waiting) also the color changed because Hemi Orange (the color I ordered) was no longer listed and at one point I was actually told my order had been canceled. Of course when I wanted to know who canceled the order they couldn't even tell me that, then the order was back on but with all the problems previously mentioned, in the end I got my car, I'm happy with my car but not happy about the six month wait, missed out on a summer of driving and it was actually snowing the day I drove it home in November. I got it home in time to put it in winter storage lol. All that said the usual wait time is generally 5-8 weeks, I'm sure the factory being down for COVID has affected that though. Hope you get your car soon.
fingers crossed I hope by the end of July then :) maybe get a couple
Of months before she hibernates ... thanks for your message :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Here's a recent discussion you might read

A Guy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts