Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious how my results stack up against others. I finally got the Diablosport Predator for my 09 auto R/T, and just got back from having it custom tuned. I have the CAI and Corsa Xtreme exhaust. They ran a dyno, the numbers are:

Stock: 325 RWHP
Canned 93oct w CAI tune: 332 RWHP
Custom CMR tune, based on 93 CAI tune: 349 RWHP!

Is that about the norm? Driving it is a different expereince, it is sooo much more responsive, absolutly no lag when I step on it at passing speeds. Now I can fishtail it by putting my foot down when already doing 40mph lol. Of course thats more than the 24hp increase, I can tell it's shifting better. And somehow the exhaust got louder lol(in a good way).

·
Registered
861 Posts
Haven't had dyno results after tuning but have had track time. I think the 93 CAI tune is good for a couple tenths. Normally at the track stock I average 13.8's, with the tune driving the same way it goes down to 13.6's. I know there's room to go quicker but the majority of the time I launch too soft.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Some one please enlighten me. I have the Predator and was going to use their 93 octane tune. But it looks like it's not very helpful.
What is a custom tune and how do they do it? Where can it be done?
Your custom tune is some serious HP gain. 17 HP over the Predator 93 tune? Wow!! Thanks guys...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
holy crap dude... who tuned it?
A performance shop that works with my usual mechanic at Bevil Auto... do you mean holy crap in a good or bad way? :)

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
A performance shop that works with my usual mechanic at Bevil Auto... do you mean holy crap in a good or bad way? :)

I would think VERY good!! Awesome! Big difference in the Predator 93 tune.
What is the 'canned' (or pre-programed I guess) tune for if it doesn't help that much?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Here's my 1/4 mile results from my tuner from a few months ago:
stock - 12.9-13.0 launch at 2,000rpms, ease into peddle, no wheelspin
91 tune - 12.7-12.8 launch at 2,000rpms, ease into peddle, no wheelspin
93 tune - 12.5-12.6 hard to launch above 1,500rpms without wheelspin, have to really ease into peddle for no wheelspin

All runs were on cold tires (no burnouts), 3/4 tank of 92 octane, 34psi tire pressure, same location.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty sweet from everything I'm reading, your average stock 08-10 SRT8 runs about 350rwhp on a dyno. Exhaust(that I got slightly used), CAI, tuner and the tune, alltogether cost me around $1500, and it puts my R/T on equal footing to a car that costs 8k more minimum. Another $800 in suspension and it'll handle better than the SRT8.

·
Registered
87 Posts
In a good way, I haven't seen those kinds of gains just off a tune. very nice.

·
Registered
896 Posts
What were the torque numbers?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I too will need a custom tune, my car doesn't care much for the 91 oct CAI tune, with 91 oct gas (no 93 out here). Good numbers!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I did a baseline run at HMP 1/8th mile, [email protected]. Sort of anemic. Added magnaflow 2.5" mufflers,kept the stock 2.25 piping,put in the jet 180* stat,a K&n drop in filter and a 93cai predator tune, improved to [email protected] Lowered my fan temps a couple more degrees and added a little fuel. .5% Last Sunday got a decent launch 2.11 60ft, but ran with esp on, and didn't use autostick. Shortshifted 1-[email protected],2-3 @5400rpm but still improved to a [email protected]. My forgetfulness cost at least a tenth and 2mph.Still an improvement of almost .8 in the 1/8th.Havent decided if I'm going to add more fuel or lean it out a bit or make no changes and concentyrate on my driving this Sunday. There's a group of guys ribbing me because I'm always complaining I should have done better.They pointed as spectators that I had beaten everyone I ran against.I normally don't pay attention to whose in the other lane unless I think I'm going to be beat.Last Sunday my first run was against a Subaru STi.I assumed awd would rip me a new one off the line. Didn't happen I won by ten car lengths.Week before I raced a 392 6-speed who had run a [email protected], he let a friend drive, who was more shook than me when the tree man left it on the pro tree.My 1.078 reaction was more than enough as he spun for two seconds without moving then idled it down to the finish.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What were the torque numbers?
You know the torque numbers weren't on my print out. I didn't think of it at the time, pisses me off a bit. I doubt they would keep it on file, if it was even recorded.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am about to switch from regular to synthetic oil... that won't make a difference in the tune will it?

·
Registered
318 Posts
My gain is in my sig.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I'm just curious how my results stack up against others. I finally got the Diablosport Predator for my 09 auto R/T, and just got back from having it custom tuned. I have the CAI and Corsa Xtreme exhaust. They ran a dyno, the numbers are:

Stock: 325 RWHP
Canned 93oct w CAI tune: 332 RWHP
Custom CMR tune, based on 93 CAI tune: 349 RWHP!

Is that about the norm? Driving it is a different expereince, it is sooo much more responsive, absolutly no lag when I step on it at passing speeds. Now I can fishtail it by putting my foot down when already doing 40mph lol. Of course thats more than the 24hp increase, I can tell it's shifting better. And somehow the exhaust got louder lol(in a good way).
holy crap dude... who tuned it?
Some one please enlighten me. I have the Predator and was going to use their 93 octane tune. But it looks like it's not very helpful.
What is a custom tune and how do they do it? Where can it be done?
Your custom tune is some serious HP gain. 17 HP over the Predator 93 tune? Wow!! Thanks guys...
On a fully stock R/T the typical rwhp is 330. DiabloSport 93 tune with 0kr fuel will result in 340 rwhp. Some cars verry, so its not perfect for all cars, and with mods it wont be optimal either. This is where a custome tune fully optimizes it for your car. The 93 tune does yeald 10hp rwhp, and 20 ft/lb torque to the rear wheels, thats actually pretty good. You got 8 hp to the rear wheels with mods, so thats not far off. With tuning you then gained what the aftermarket parts added to the car, and 14 hp over stock with cai and cat back is about right (removing 10hp for DiabloSport tune avaerage on stock car)

This is what a fully optimized custome tune can do. Realize any performance mod will require a new dyno based custome tune to fully optimize it as well.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I am about to switch from regular to synthetic oil... that won't make a difference in the tune will it?
Some people see slight hp gains and others mpg gains with high quality synthetic, but synthetic has 0 impact to tuning.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Pretty sweet from everything I'm reading, your average stock 08-10 SRT8 runs about 350rwhp on a dyno. Exhaust(that I got slightly used), CAI, tuner and the tune, alltogether cost me around $1500, and it puts my R/T on equal footing to a car that costs 8k more minimum. Another $800 in suspension and it'll handle better than the SRT8.
Its a little more than that, closer to 367, but with headers, cai, cat back, high flows, and a custome tune you can match 6.1L STOCK rwhp. Add anti-sways, and strut brace and it hadles much better. Realize though you will need wider tires to plant the power, otherwise it all goes to wheel spin off the line.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts