Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post up what your car is (SRT8 or R/T) and what your fuel econ for city and highway. Manual trans only please!!! Thanks guys!!! :)

(Ps, im on my cell so the search bar isn't doing me justice)...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were these cars severly under rated on fuel economy? Everyone i talk to with an SRT Challenger (nothing else with the 6.1) tells me at least 25 to 27 highway with it and from 18 to 20 city with it...but the factory paper says 13-18 i think...

I know the R/T's get a lil better, but if the SRT8 still gets around 25 highway, im gonna cancel my deal before i sign and wait for and SRT-8 to drop below $30K...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Highway: Enough to make me really happy
City: LMAO

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Were these cars severly under rated on fuel economy? Everyone i talk to with an SRT Challenger (nothing else with the 6.1) tells me at least 25 to 27 highway with it and from 18 to 20 city with it...but the factory paper says 13-18 i think...

I know the R/T's get a lil better, but if the SRT8 still gets around 25 highway, im gonna cancel my deal before i sign and wait for and SRT-8 to drop below $30K...
I think the way they test is designed to emulate the 'average' driver and that favors underpowered designs. Most people accelerate to a stop and can't start smoothly to save the soul.

You'll save more gas by how you drive than any other singe thing you can do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
On my last big trip in my 2010 SRT8 6spd, I averaged 22mpg (saw over 25mpg EVIC, but didn't count it since I only use the fill-up method for my actual mpg) with spirited acceleration up to highway speeds. My typical city is around 14. This is in cold weather driving (aka winter blend gasoline).

To contrast, my old AWD Charger R/T averaged 19mpg with my last similar trip, and winter city was around 12mpg. I got a best of 27mpg with it. I fully expect to beat that with the SRT8 this summer.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Usually 16-17 in city and 25-28 on highway depending on how spirited I drive. The winter blend gas has me at about 14-15 in the city.

·
Registered
466 Posts
13-14 mpg in all-city driving, up to 26.5 mpg all-highway at 75-80 mph.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I just got my RT on 1/11/11 with a full tank from the dealer. No idea octane rating, assuming 87 or 89 though. I just filled up yesterday. Did the math and I averaged 16mpg. That is with a large mix of driving styles, and a LOT of spirited acceleration showing off to friends and family a bit. Not to mention finding the sweet spot on the clutch, etc (been driving an auto for the past 10 years or so).

I anticipate better this next tank if I can keep my foot out of it (not holding breath).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well these are some very promising numbers, my 09 Nismo 370z was about the same all in all, ill be happy with anything over 20mpg hey...im just having some self issues getting past how sexy that lil hood emlen is and the feeling I get when I read "6.1 Hemi" :D

·
Registered
834 Posts
My overall average is about 13 and all freeway is about 22-23 but
I never see that as I mostly drive city. It's just a tick better than my
Charger R/T although I could get close to 30 on the freeway with that
car if I really tried.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
My R/T:
Average around 18MPG

Long distance trip best: 32MPG (yes you read hat right), averaged 26.8 (California to Oklahoma)
City best: 22MPG, ave 13.7.

If I'm particularly bad, 8-10 in the city.

·
Premium Member
7,301 Posts
In the summer, I average about 23 in the city (lots of hills) and about 26 to 28 on the highway. With careful driving on flat highway roads, I can easily exceed 30 mpg at the posted speed limit (55 mph).

In the winter, I'll get about 3 mpg. less.

The numbers above don't reflect tanks of gas that were used to drive more aggressively. ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well theres not a significant diff in the 5.7 and 6.1 as far as i can see...gonna come down to driving habbits, which i will need to greatly improve lol :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Best I seen so far is 23 hwy doing 70 to 75 for about a 65 mile trip,

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have an R/T and have put about 600 miles on it (purchased 10/2/2010).

Around town I can't get it out of 4th gear, even with arterial streets w/ 50-55 mph speed limits. In this Land of Red Lights, I get 11-12 mpg in-town. If I can hit multiple green lights, I'm getting 17 mpg in-town.

On the freeway (1 or 2 measurements) I'm getting 23 mpg.

All measured with the EVIC.

I'll be driving to NoCal in May, and I'll see what mileage is achieved on the long drive.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Over the course of a year (my first year owning the car), I kept detail records - I netted an average of 18.3 mpg. I believe I could have averaged 19+ had I not had a lead foot.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts