Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you'll have on your car for stripes? I want to put them on my car now as one of the first things I get done to my car but not sure what I want. What style and some people say have them painted on some people say get the stickers I need some opinions from everyone's experience

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
535 Posts
Factory R/T Classic stripes here

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I do like the factory RT stripes but just didn't have the money in the long term to get that car wanted to take it easy for my first new car so I only got the SXT but I would like to make my car look good still

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
535 Posts
I like these also

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
aftermarket hockey stick stripes

·
Registered
703 Posts
Vinyl. Don't get the cheap stuff like I did, or they'll fall apart on you :-(

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Vinyl from Rider Graphics (Site Sponsor). Did the install myself in my driveway. Not difficult. Take your time and plan your steps.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
choose wisely

Mine had aftermarket copies of R/T side stripes & SRT hood stripes in metallic silver or unknown origin (pre-owned) After just 2 years they looked like crap (faded/spotted & dull) .Be aware cheap vinyl is extremely hard to remove! Unless they are thick/solid color heating them is useless-they will only come off in very small pieces & remember Challenger hoods are aluminum! so heating has little benefit & can cause damage.It took a professional bodyshop almost 8 hours to get the hood stripes off alone! .Finally had to "grind" them off! (3M makes a rubber wheel just for this purpose) & at $35 per wheel (it took 3 to remove all) and not counting labor $$ /coupounding & re polishing surfaces it probably cost far more to remove than to purchase & install -lol!.I havent decided on ony replacement ones yet and for the meantime will probably just stay "naked"

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have these stripes on my hood and plan on doing the strobe rear accent stripe soon like the purple car on page 1 vinyl if quality material will last a long time you can buy the same stripe kit multiple times before you'll reach the cost of painting

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts
Well you're going to be looking at a four-figure price difference for paint versus vinyl, plus you can't change the look of your ride in the future. My car is red and I went with white t-style hood and trunk stripes - in a couple years I might pull them off and switch to a difference style or maybe black stripes and feel like I have a new car.

On the other hand, paint will last longer and is slightly easier to maintain - you don't have to wax around the stripes, for example. That being said - high quality vinyl lasts for several years, especially if garaged, and I've waxed and detailed my car multiple times since getting the vinyl and it's really easy to work around. Eight months later and it still looks brand new.

I went with vinyl and have never regretted it. Check out the two vendors (rider graphics or big worm graphix) and see the prices and styles they offer.

Edit: I had Big Worm install for $60. Other quotes I got from independent installers were more like $150. If you're good with that type of stuff, you should be able to do it yourself, many others have certainly done so. I'm the kind of perfectionist that I knew even a tiny mistake would drive me crazy every time I saw it, so I didn't want to risk ruining my stripes by screwing up the install.

·
Premium Member
9,191 Posts
I have these stripes on my hood and plan on doing the strobe rear accent stripe soon like the purple car on page 1 vinyl if quality material will last a long time you can buy the same stripe kit multiple times before you'll reach the cost of painting
Never saw that style before, it looks great.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Never saw that style before, it looks great.
Thanks I had my local installer replicate these off rider graphics website ($50 vs $100) I really enjoy them but rider graphics has them with a couple different styles

1 - 20 of 108 Posts