Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I know that some say that it's okay to push down on the spoiler, but I'd never bear down on it. My luck, I'd do damage. I'm also anal about fingerprints on the flat black. I bought these two trunk pull-down things for like $10 each. Seemed expensive, but I use them every time. Why two? Well, I'm ambidextrous when it comes to trunk closing. :notallthere:

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Never gave any thought to it, and I don't intend on starting. I have one of those cool little strap thingies, which I grab and yank with enough force that the trunk get's enough momentum to close itself. Probably what some would consider slamming. Oh well. If it's causing damage, then the car is a piece of shit.
yeah i have one of those too. mine does cause damage, i don't think i was closing that hard either

I know that some say that it's okay to push down on the spoiler, but I'd never bear down on it. My luck, I'd do damage. I'm also anal about fingerprints on the flat black. I bought these two trunk pull-down things for like $10 each. Seemed expensive, but I use them every time. Why two? Well, I'm ambidextrous when it comes to trunk closing. :notallthere:
haha i think i saw your image from before, i thought you might have used both hands to close it for some unknown reason

·
Registered
515 Posts
Closed my old one by the spoiler, my current has a matte black one so to avoid fingerprinting it I use the black plastic "Dodge" area in between the taillights. No problems either way.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Closed my old one by the spoiler, my current has a matte black one so to avoid fingerprinting it I use the black plastic "Dodge" area in between the taillights. No problems either way.
That's what I do! Never thought about it but now that you say it.....that is what I do.

OR disconnect the shocks and just LET GO. Keep the family back. LOL!!!!! That's how my 02 Impala is. And that HAS a strap!

·
Registered
515 Posts
That's what I do! Never thought about it but now that you say it.....that is what I do.

OR disconnect the shocks and just LET GO. Keep the family back. LOL!!!!! That's how my 02 Impala is. And that HAS a strap!
Disconnecting the struts brought back a memory from my youth, My 11 year old 83 Camaro Z28 back in high school, the struts were bad on the hood and hatchback. Back then, 25-30 bucks each to replace them on an old car no less was out of the question. I think I corrected the issue with a couple of $4 vice grips I would keep around.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
291 Posts
Many of the moderately priced Japanese or Euro cars have electrically assisted trunks. Why can't FCA put them at least on the higher priced models?

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,524 Posts
I just put my fingers on the lip of the plastic tail lights then pull down just enough to create a little momentum and it closes and latches easily. Then I don't have any finger prints on the trunk or spoiler and of course no dents. So on my 2014 SRT there is basically a little ledge created by the tail lights and it's easy to use that.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts