Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a trunk liner that's plastic. I also have a rectangular shaped trunk organizer for keeping groceries from rolling around. It does have the velcro on the bottom, but since I have the liner on now it doesn't keep it still. So depending on what you carry odds are they will roll around when you drive and put pressure on the walls of the trunk.

Who doesn't have dents inside their trunks similar to the pictures below? Do you care about them being there?

How do you fix it? As anyone attempted? I'm sure there is some sort of tool out there that would work. My first thought is some sort of plunger like tool to pull it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,936 Posts
Actually that is just the molded carpets that get dented/creased, not the sheet metal behind it. You can remove the plastic retainers and smooth it back out if you want. Those plastic scrivets are really in there lol.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually that is just the molded carpets that get dented/creased, not the sheet metal behind it. You can remove the plastic retainers and smooth it back out if you want. Those plastic scrivets are really in there lol.
Is there a method to un-crease it without removing the plastic retainers? Is it a lot of work to remove?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looks like you could take the liner to a western wear shop and let them take their cowboy hat-shaping steam machine to it. If they had a portable handheld steamer it might be what you need if you don't want to remove the liner.

·
Registered
6,547 Posts
I have a plastic harbor freight tool box velcroed to my trunk carpet. I keep a pry bar, socket for lugs (too small for the tool that came with the car) and an extension in it. It does not move at all.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
My trunk is too full of detailing stuff, or drag radials, (or both) for anything to roll anywhere! :grin2:

It's no big deal removing the liners to get the dents out. Simply get some plastic upholstery tools from an auto parts store and pull the pins out, and gently massage the dents out from the back. There really is no better way.

I've pulled the liners out multiple times, to run electrical wires, even to line my trunk with Dynamat for sound attenuation.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,669 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts