Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When you open the door unless you hold on to it it's going to swing open quite wide. I don't think i've seen any door open as wide as the Challenger. I'm worried about getting my car dinged. I've so far avoided any by taking time scouting out parking spots where there is enough space for a car door to be swung open all the way and not hit my car. It may take longer and I may valet but to me it's worth it.

I'd really like to avoid a situation like this: warning there's some explicit language going on. watch at your own discretion. I barely got through it, basically someone dinged up someone's car and instead of taking responsibility they go off on the person.

https://youtu.be/Xuxm7MW0V0Q

I think cars actually shouldn't park that close to Challenger because the doors not only swing super wide open but the car doesn't have like incremental areas where it will really hold still, at least not optimally. You don't really have control of the door as you open it.

When I open the door i'm gripping the handle with one hand but I like to support the door with my other hand otherwise I feel it puts too much pressure on the door handle.

Surprisingly there is more than one way to open the car door, apparently there is something called a jam handle. This guy is saying it prevents scratches and getting your finger prints all over the door.

I'm generally curious, how do you guys open your car door?
Is there a way to make the car door stop at more angles? Is it possible to fix it?

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Does Jam Handle make them for the hood and trunk? I'm tired of opening my hood and trunk the wrong way. I'm not concerned about the door, I lower the window with the fob and climb in like a NASCAR driver.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Does Jam Handle make them for the hood and trunk? I'm tired of opening my hood and trunk the wrong way. I'm not concerned about the door, I lower the window with the fob and climb in like a NASCAR driver.:thumbsup:
Doors? Windows? My R/T has this awesome escape hatchway in the roof. I crawl right out the top, slide down the windshield and land right in front of the car.

·
Registered
270 Posts
K-Dawg and ChallyTatum. you guys are almost yes almost as funny as I am,heh,heh.
I had no idea Dodge canceled the fob-window down feature. When I bought my '09 Challenger new I played with the feature for a while but haven't used it since. Speaking of battery, I still have the original with no problems. Think I'm living on borrowed time?
Now I know I won't trade it in since the fob-window down feature has become a rarity. LOL

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figure you could use it the same way just install it horizontally

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts
Jamb handles- exactly the definition of PT Barnum’s most famous quote. “There is a sucker born every minute”
One other famous one from somewhere is “a fool and his money are soon parted.”

·
Registered
194 Posts
OK, that's the dumbest thing I've seen today (so far).

Thanks for the funny comments, though.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I was gonna go to Lowes and buy some brass cabinet pulls. Where is the best location on the door to drill the screws? I don't want to scratch the painted door handles. This mod will cost less than $10.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I was gonna go to Lowes and buy some brass cabinet pulls. Where is the best location on the door to drill the screws? I don't want to scratch the painted door handles. This mod will cost less than $10.

Drill just below the handles. That’s what I did. You might consider getting pulls that match your wheels. Might be a dollar or two more. Lowe’s has a wide variety from which to choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts
Better yet Movnviol, leave the rear seats down and enter the car through the trunk You're painted door handles will then be scratch free in perpetuity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts