Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at adding the catch can to my setup. My car has the stock airbox with silencer. I'm not interested in replacing that at all, as I understand this airbox flows just about as well as any. However, I'm wondering if the Z Bracket works with the silencer in place provided that I remove the factory engine cover.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
The Z-bracket will not work if you have the silencer in place. You can order the fender mount (which is what I run) or you can buy a Charger intake tube, which is the same tube but without the silencer (and allows you to keep the stock airbox).

·
Registered
93 Posts
I bought an OEM tube from Mopar that replaces the Silencer (wart) and fits with the stock CAI. It even comes with a new Air sensor. I can't remember where I bought it from.... E-bay maybe?

Stock CAI sans Wart (silencer) :domotwak:
Before the I got the Catch can and Z bracket

With catch can and Z bracket

·
Registered
93 Posts
Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool! Thanks!!

$100 for the intake tube only? Kinda pricey...

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I got THIS ONE on eBay. $80 with free shipping.

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all.
I'm going to re-think this whole thing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks to all.
I'm going to re-think this whole thing.
Try and remember that this isn't some cheep import from the Japan, Mopar is made in the good old USA and your bad ass american muscle car deserves the best. You could probably find some cheep substitute but as the saying goes "you get what you pay for"

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Try and remember that this isn't some cheep import from the Japan
Cheap (as in poor quality as opposed to "inexpensive") junk comes from China, not Japan. Japan is a civilized member of the world community where workers are treated with dignity and earn a living wage. :browsmiley:

Reactions: PSM450 and BlairF

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try and remember that this isn't some cheep import from the Japan, Mopar is made in the good old USA and your bad ass american muscle car deserves the best. You could probably find some cheep substitute but as the saying goes "you get what you pay for"
Don't know where you're coming from, friend, but your comment comes across as presumptuous and inappropriate. I happen to be quite experienced with global supply chain dynamics, thank you very much.

My intention to rethink my project has nothing to do with looking for a cheaper intake tube but rather deciding if a catch can is a priority to begin with---if I decide that it is, I'll likely go for a fender mount solution.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I bought an OEM tube from Mopar that replaces the Silencer (wart) and fits with the stock CAI. It even comes with a new Air sensor. I can't remember where I bought it from.... E-bay maybe?

Stock CAI sans Wart (silencer) :domotwak:
Before the I got the Catch can and Z bracket

With catch can and Z bracket
Where did you get the Z bracket from?Where does it bolt to?A close up picture would be great.Good looking engine bay.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
I got my z-bracket from Billet Tech at the same time I got the catch can.
Very easy install. bolts to an existing threaded hole in the front of the head...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheap (as in poor quality as opposed to "inexpensive") junk comes from China, not Japan. Japan is a civilized member of the world community where workers are treated with dignity and earn a living wage. :browsmiley:
I have extensive experience in manufacturing/wholesaling/retailing moderate to high-end goods domestically and internationally. There is low-quality as well as high-quality product that is made in China....and any other country.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
There is low-quality as well as high-quality product that is made in China....
You're definitely right! They build the finest counterfeit Rolex watches in the world.
Thanks for bringing that up.

:p

·
Registered
352 Posts
The Z-bracket will not work if you have the silencer in place. You can order the fender mount (which is what I run) or you can buy a Charger intake tube, which is the same tube but without the silencer (and allows you to keep the stock airbox).
Not sure why anyone thinks that. I have the BT catch can w/ z bracket for almost 5 years with the silencer still on. Unless BT redesigned it at some point?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...5635091343048928370&oid=105492228366528501575

·
Registered
320 Posts
Actually, the z bracket along with the silencer will work but you will have to remove your engine cover. I am running the z bracket, stock intake with silencer, and 392 half covers. Its a tight fit to unscrew the Catch can but its doable.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Looks sharp!! That's exactly what I plan on doing to my engine bay! My RTC is black with the red stripe. I didn't know how the red hose and black fittings would look with the catch can.....but looks sharp. I'm sitting on the fence whether to powder coat my 3g half covers red also...or shine them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts