Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I think we all know which is faster, but we also know which is cooler... Now here's my hypothetical question. Assume both the Corvette Z06 and the Challenger SRT were the same price, which would you buy?:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My neighbor just ordered a 2006 Corvette Z06. He's already bragging about 11 second 1/4 miles and 200 mph...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
128 Posts
A Vette is a Vette, Fast Vettes, Slower Vettes, Older Vettes, Newer Vettes..... They all just start to blend together in a big blur. The New Z06 is amazing but somehow just lacks a certain character to me. Plus, only seats two... and no storage space to speak of.

Even if the Z06 was the same price as a "regular" Challenger I'd prob pick the Challenger anyway. Z06 vs SRT8 and there is no question.

Challenger Wins!

·
Registered
30 Posts
that's kind of a tough one, but ive heard that the z06 is uncomfortable and isn't quite practical, and while the challenger is no suv, it just does more, and is alot meaner

·
Registered
598 Posts
TDB7117 said:
OK, I think we all know which is faster, but we also know which is cooler... Now here's my hypothetical question. Assume both the Corvette Z06 and the Challenger SRT were the same price, which would you buy?:)
Can't compare....as it is a unfair comparison!....as one is a 2 seat sports car, and the other a 2 dr. muscle car! 2 different kinds of cars.If I wanted a 2 seat sports car,I might look at the Z06...but I don't...I want a real retro looking "2dr." American Muscle Car...sooooo......New Hemi Challenger SRT-8 for me!;) :cool:

·
Registered
712 Posts
2 completely, totally different animals.Having said that, if the Challenger were $70K+ like the Z06, I'd take the Z06. But knowing that in the real world I could probably get 2 Challengers for the price of 1 Z06, I think one should know what my realistic answer would be.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've owned several dozen MOPARS and 3 Corvettes, including my current '65 Coupe which is for sale. Make my next car a MOPAR. Big cars ride better, protect better, and 2 extra seats can't hurt!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Challenger all the way. I will never get past the stereotype of the Corvette being for balding, middle-aged guys in their mid-life crisis. I do have the utmost respect for the car as a solid performer and great bang-for-the-buck, but I'd never, ever consider owning one. And I'm almost old enough!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dutch said:
I will never get past the stereotype of the Corvette being for balding, middle-aged guys in their mid-life crisis.
Hell, you just described the guy from Phantasm...:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts