Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at upgrading my rotors and brake pads and I was looking at the z26 set from powerstop. I've done a decent amount of research and most of what I'm finding is all people with SRT and Scat packs who are swapping them out for the brembos, not a lot of info for the R/T. Some people make it sound like they're swapping them straight across with their Factory but other people are saying that they're not the same size as the stock rotors and you have to change the calipers or something like that. The specific part number that their website says fits our cars for the front and back is K2853-26. I just want to know from people who have R/Ts, not scat packs or srt's, will that brake kit swap straight into our vehicles or is there something that I have to do extra to make them fit or make them work? If this is been asked before I'm sorry but everything I saw was for other models so that's why I'm posting this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The front are 13.6 and the rear are 12.6. But i can't find the thickness of them which is what i thought the problem was with what I've read.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
I personally don't like drilled rotors and those Pursuit brakes will stop on a dime.

The 13.6 and 12.6 is what you have on the car now so don't see how they'll that much better. I've got the Z23 pads on the SRT and that pad material is not as good as the stock Brembo pads as far as stopping and high speed fade resistance.

I'd check into that Mopar kit, aside from the Brembos, those BR9 police brakes are the best brakes they ever put on a car.

The Pursuit wheels are 18" and these big brakes clear so thinking 20s will be alright, send a PM to Luke at Steve White Parts in vendor section.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
So I'm looking at upgrading my rotors and brake pads and I was looking at the z26 set from powerstop. ...but other people are saying that they're not the same size as the stock rotors and you have to change the calipers or something like that...will that brake kit swap straight into our vehicles or is there something that I have to do extra to make them fit or make them work?
Very simple answer: call Powerstop. Their number is on their website. They will tell you everything you want to know, and them some. By the way, did you know that the pad composition on the Z26 is the same as the Z23? Ask them, they'll tell ya.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts