Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Zaino fans. Question.

Let's say I have 6 layers. I did clay the first time. If I use the clay bar, will that "remove" my layers? Starting from zero layers? I understand the benefits of starting clean. Just wondering if clay is "always necessary" when I want to "wax" my car with Zaino?

This is not a question of how often should I clay. It's more like would my efforts be wasted IF I don't clay?

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
647 Posts
For Zaino fans. Question.

Let's say I have 6 layers. I did clay the first time. If I use the clay bar, will that "remove" my layers? Starting from zero layers? I understand the benefits of starting clean. Just wondering if clay is "always necessary" when I want to "wax" my car with Zaino?

This is not a question of how often should I clay. It's more like would my efforts be wasted IF I don't clay?

Clay will remove the layers.

I’m not a Zainoite, but I clay my car once or twice a year to get everything back to a clean surface and go through the steps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Enlightening. I've been doing things wrong with wasting time and wasting product. Good points they made.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
By blind luck, I've been using a sealant first and following that up with a polish a week or two later. I had NO idea layering doesn't work. :headbang:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't minad admitting my "foolishness." Back when I was young, I used to park my car in the garage for over a week, just adding layers and layers of Zaino.

Honestly, I could never see the difference like the video points out. I mean, the initial application was always = wow. I think I've gone high as 8 layers. I don't mind over using products, because as a single guy back then, all I had was my car. So that's where I spent my $$$ on. I've done Zaino off and on over the decades because each order was about $100.

I thinking of going back to Zaino, as I always love their products. I'll just approach it differently this time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts