Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm kinda new here but wanted to get some opinions and suggestions on car wash / wax / polish products. From what I've seen lots of people love Griots and Zanio. Which is better and what should I purchase to start with. Just got my 2010 Challenger R/T and this would be the first time washing and detailing it. Any advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Both are quality products. I have used both but my Challenger only gets Zanio. Extremely easy to apply and remove and by far the bet results to my eyes. Both sites will give you a good amount of info on how to detail your car and how to use the products.

if your finish is good (no swirls)

Dawn wash, clay, wash again, Z2 with ZXF enhancer and finish with Z6 or Z8.

Enjoy

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....IMO, it really depends on what you're looking for out of these products. ....i.e. what are you trying to achieve.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I love Zaino products, and have used them for several years. Their polishes looked great on my '08 dark titanium Magnum. Really made the paint look wet, and had a deep shine. Now I use it on my bright silver Challey. I started with the all in one cleaner wax. Then I use the Z2, Z-CS. Either product is good by itself, but the Z2 can be layered for a deeper shine. I have never seen a wax bead up better than Zaino.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have not used Zaino but have used the Griot's soap. It is a nice soap.

I do not think there is that much practical different with car soaps (have used many brands) for regular wash routines unless you are looking for something that strips. Some soaps leave behind gloss enhancers that some do like. Griot's did not seem to leave much behind. The only soap I really did not care for was 1z Perls. It is a low sudsing soap and it definitely leaves a shine behind so more finicky to me on drying as a traditional soap. It is more like Optimum No Rinse in a bucket which is ok.

Some criteria: suds (only if you like them) since not always tied to cleaning ability, lubricity (most at proper dilution are fine), scent, rinsing ability (some soaps do seem to rinse easier), after wash shine, cost, cleaning / safeness to sealants/waxes.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I was a HUGE wax guy before I discovered Zaino and once you Zaino you cant go back to wax based products IMHO or atleast I cant.

After you get enough coats of Zaino you can literally go months without applying another coat and it always looks and feels like you just applied a fresh coat thats the beauty of it unlike wax after a few washed its gone off the paint/clearcoat.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, looks like Zainos products are going to be my choice. I just noticed that the company is based out of New Jersey too! The thing I'm liking is that (from what is being said) Zaino lasts longer than conventional wax... I just want the best product. Thanks for the replies to my post.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts

I do not think there is that much practical different with car soaps (have used many brands) for regular wash routines unless you are looking for something that strips. Some soaps leave behind gloss enhancers that some do like. Griot's did not seem to leave much behind. The only soap I really did not care for was 1z Perls. It is a low sudsing soap and it definitely leaves a shine behind so more finicky to me on drying as a traditional soap. It is more like Optimum No Rinse in a bucket which is ok.

Some criteria: suds (only if you like them) since not always tied to cleaning ability, lubricity (most at proper dilution are fine), scent, rinsing ability (some soaps do seem to rinse easier), after wash shine, cost, cleaning / safeness to sealants/waxes.
....I agree with Bunky. I don't mind paying for a good product but I also don't like over-paying for something that performs just as well or worse than a cheaper alternative. FWIW, my old stand-by is Duragloss CWC #902. At $25 per gallon it's relatively cheaply priced but still a popular car wash solution simply due to its characteristics (compare that to Zaino Z-7 @ ~$72/gallon). ....lubricity is a valuable trait to me and 902 does well in this respect (IMO/IME).

·
Registered
812 Posts
I tried the Groits products and wasnt happy with them. Their Speed Shine did not have the lubricity I expected. I tried claying the car with the Speed Shine and the clay was leaving marks and not gliding.

I just tried Menzerna's Nano Super Finish, glaze and their sealant. The car came out incredible. I will post up some pics on my Photobucket page.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts

Since we are talking about soap, I will say a word about the Zaino wash as well. It is formulated to work with Zaino so not to remove the polish.

My car is 2 years old and after the initial prep and polish routine, all I do is wash it with the Zaino car wash, a little spray detail every other wash and my car is still gleaming. Of course I do not drive mine in the rain, and will go 3-4 weeks (or more) in between washes. But it sure shows as I have more or less 0 micro scratches by following this routine.

Oh, and I do drive my car a good bit. Around 17k on the odometer at the moment.

·
Registered
852 Posts
POORBOY'S WORLD! Hands down my favorite wax/polish/car cleaning product!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts