Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Install Video
https://youtu.be/1cESLOCkgbY

The double bypass came to life due to the block on unauthorized access via the ODBII port rendering the OBD2 port inoperable for all aftermarket devices and tuners.. This 15 minute to install harness is a Requirement to use the TaZer on 2018 Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram vehicles. For me it was a convenience for my 2015 Challenger and other 2017 and under.

he Double Bypass kit overcomes this obstacle by installing a secondary OBD2 port in the trunk, bypassing the security module.

The Double Bypass will also work on 2011-2017 Chargers and 2015-2017 Challengers, for those that want to relocate their Z Automotive devices to the trunk, freeing up the factory OBD2 port for their Diablo Sport / SCT / HP Tuners device.

▽ Install Manual
https://zautomotive.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Double-Bypass-Installation-100.pdf?14a23e&14a23e

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,866 Posts
BTW do you have any plans on showcasing the new 2.4.2 firmware features (programmable cool down button and boost gauge)? Thanks for the bypass install vid!

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
good job as always, I have some questions, maybe more suitable for the Tazer people but, if you install this can you run an OBD splitter and run 2 devices in the trunk, I.E. the Tazer and a Blue tooth dongle that transmits info to your phone via a Torque or other app? Would it be better, is it even possible to install two of these in the trunk for something like this? If you do 2 devices in the trunk can you still do one under the dash?

No possible to install two, I just noticed re watching it, there is only space for 1 green connector.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
Thanks; very informative, as always Work Play Drive!

However........

...has this been fully tested and vetted to ensure no "conflicts" when both the Tazer and say, a Trinity Tuner are plugged into their respective OBDII receptacles?

I ask because I have experienced conflicts with my UConnect when I had the Tazer plugged in to the cabin OBD port and my phone plugged into the UConnect and using WAZE, Google Maps, etc.

I only used my Tazer for its line lock function. However, since it has to be plugged in for that use, obviously I couldn't use my Trinity for data logging, or to turn off all traction control. This trunk OBD bypass could solve that, but given my experiences with the above referenced conflict, as well as other issues between my Tazer and UConnect, I'm hesitant to try it (after sinking more money into something I'm not fully trusting).

I'm pulling the pieces together to buy & install a Hurst Line Lock (I want to first install a powerblock to "rationalize" all the auxiliary taps I have) because of my nervousness with continuing to use the Tazer line lock.

Reactions: WorkPlayDrive

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good job as always, I have some questions, maybe more suitable for the Tazer people but, if you install this can you run an OBD splitter and run 2 devices in the trunk, I.E. the Tazer and a Blue tooth dongle that transmits info to your phone via a Torque or other app? Would it be better, is it even possible to install two of these in the trunk for something like this? If you do 2 devices in the trunk can you still do one under the dash?

No possible to install two, I just noticed re watching it, there is only space for 1 green connector.
The remote OBD port is now equal to the main one, and in 2018’s it’s actually a full access OBD where the front one is restricted. The splitter should work however it may add some lag to your Torque updates. ...and yup only 1 green slot available :(

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW do you have any plans on showcasing the new 2.4.2 firmware features (programmable cool down button and boost gauge)? Thanks for the bypass install vid!
I eventually want to cover all the features I just don't have a hellcat loaner available at the moment. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks; very informative, as always Work Play Drive!

However........

...has this been fully tested and vetted to ensure no "conflicts" when both the Tazer and say, a Trinity Tuner are plugged into their respective OBDII receptacles?

I ask because I have experienced conflicts with my UConnect when I had the Tazer plugged in to the cabin OBD port and my phone plugged into the UConnect and using WAZE, Google Maps, etc.

I only used my Tazer for its line lock function. However, since it has to be plugged in for that use, obviously I couldn't use my Trinity for data logging, or to turn off all traction control. This trunk OBD bypass could solve that, but given my experiences with the above referenced conflict, as well as other issues between my Tazer and UConnect, I'm hesitant to try it (after sinking more money into something I'm not fully trusting).

I'm pulling the pieces together to buy & install a Hurst Line Lock (I want to first install a powerblock to "rationalize" all the auxiliary taps I have) because of my nervousness with continuing to use the Tazer line lock.

I'm not sure of the issues you experienced with uConnect, do you have any detail? Have you spoken with Zautomotive support on this?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,866 Posts
I eventually want to cover all the features I just don't have a hellcat loaner available at the moment. :)
Don't the Hell Cats already have a boost gauge? According to the tazer manual, it sounds like the boost gauge will report vacuum levels for NA engines and vacuum/boost for FI engines using the intake temp gauge. I installed the 2.4.2 on my FI RT but there is no option to enable the boost gauge per the tazer manual.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice video, I saw it before this thread.
I have been thinking about getting a Tazer but the only thing I know I would use it for is track mode so that the AES can be open when I want to play.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't the Hell Cats already have a boost gauge? According to the tazer manual, it sounds like the boost gauge will report vacuum levels for NA engines and vacuum/boost for FI engines using the intake temp gauge. I installed the 2.4.2 on my FI RT but there is no option to enable the boost gauge per the tazer manual.
I believe the Boost Guage is part of the SRT pages, however the R/T cannot use the SRT pages.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,866 Posts
I believe the Boost Guage is part of the SRT pages, however the R/T cannot use the SRT pages.
Actually the RTs can load the SRT pages its just that most of the features are unusable. The gauges work, except for the boost gauge. According to the new firmware the IAT gauge can be used as a boost gauge but unlike in the instructions I see no prompt to enable it in the tazer menus.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually the RTs can load the SRT pages its just that most of the features are unusable. The gauges work, except for the boost gauge. According to the new firmware the IAT gauge can be used as a boost gauge but unlike in the instructions I see no prompt to enable it in the tazer menus.

Make sure you read the "Known Issues" section 3.6 and 5.7 loading the SRT pages may result in Airbag warnings or confusion due to Red key not detected. I've seen the airbag warning quite a bit.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,866 Posts
Make sure you read the "Known Issues" section 3.6 and 5.7 loading the SRT pages may result in Airbag warnings or confusion due to Red key not detected. I've seen the airbag warning quite a bit.
Not an issue with my 2015. The Chargers on the other hand have the airbag warning pop-up (my buddy has a charger RT).

I wish there was some way for just the SRT font to be displayed on the EVIC as it looks so much better than the non-SRT version.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts