Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vendor
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We installed the first ZEX nitrous system for the Challengers on our R/T a while back and finally made it to the dyno to test it tonight. We did a non-nitrous pull and 2 nitrous pulls for consistency.

Non-nitrous (Techco CAI, MBRP Catback, 85mm TB, Predator)
RWTQ: 395
RWHP: 365

ZEX Nitrous (125 shot)
RWTQ: 540
RWHP: 453

So, the 125 shot of ZEX yielded 145 RWTQ and 88 RWHP!! :D

This set-up is so amazing, and I will be running at the track tomorrow night to see what kind of times it will yield. While I have some drag radials at the shop, I am going to stick with the stock tires in order to give you guys a good idea of the 1/4 ET gains to expect from the kit. I've been running on stock tires this entire time of testing and will keep that consistent for this test.

The kit comes with jets for a 75, 100, 125, 150 and 175 shot, so you can choose the power level you want to use. Since the previous LX systems came with a 125 shot, that is what we set up to test on the dyno today and what I'll be running at the track. After this test we'll try out the 150 and 175 jets on the dyno and track as well.

Special thanks to ZEX for the awesome system, and for always making a top notch product with crazy power!!

Here is the thread of pics from the install: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f53/zex-nitrous-installation-pics-bmcs-challenger-r-t-9875/

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
This is exactly what I have been planning on when I get my Challenger!! Thanks for the initial #'s and let us know what the times are at the track! Bring them drag radials with you too!

·
Vendor
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am planning to run tonight and get some 1/4 numbers. It's looking rainy here for the first time in a while, but hopefully the weather will hold off.

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Is the Challenger you are testing an automatic or 6 speed?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Lisa, as you know I also purchased the Zex kit from you a while back. I have it installed but havent filled the tank to test it. I also need to install the purge kit. Being that I am unable to modify timming I can only run the 75 shot until the preditor is released. If I recall correctly you need to adjust 4 degrees for the 125 shot, were you able to do so with your install? Also have you modified the spark in any way?

·
Vendor
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the Challenger you are testing an automatic or 6 speed?
Automatic.

Lisa, as you know I also purchased the Zex kit from you a while back. I have it installed but havent filled the tank to test it. I also need to install the purge kit. Being that I am unable to modify timming I can only run the 75 shot until the preditor is released. If I recall correctly you need to adjust 4 degrees for the 125 shot, were you able to do so with your install? Also have you modified the spark in any way?
Diablo created a nitrous tune for me to run at the track and test tonight (so I am sure it will be available soon), but the ZEX system has the controller to retard the timing so that you can run it even without a tune. :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Automatic.

Diablo created a nitrous tune for me to run at the track and test tonight (so I am sure it will be available soon), but the ZEX system has the controller to retard the timing so that you can run it even without a tune. :)
I called Zex and they stated that I could only run the 75 shot without a tune. I cant wait to see your times now....here come the 11's

·
Vendor
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called Zex and they stated that I could only run the 75 shot without a tune. I cant wait to see your times now....here come the 11's
True, I just confirmed that with them. The tuning will be out very soon! We took an R/T 6-speed down for testing last night. :)

I hope the weather stays clear for the track tonight!!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
a 100 shot is safe without a tune. you can even run the 125 is you put some race gas in her at the track. the zex kits are known for being on the really safe side. they run pretty fat mixture of fuel in with the nitrous. a lot of people mix of the pills on the zex yet when they get a cmr done. like use a 150 n2o pill with the 125 fuel pill.

btw nice gains lisa. i hope you dont plan to spray that TQ monster in first with them tires :rofl:

·
Vendor
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine is set to spray at WOT (well, about 85% to WOT) but I don't launch at WOT so it should kick in about right. I'll have to play with it and see what works best. So far I have around 50 passes on the car with all the testing and I usually start out slow to test the product is working properly and then get it to perform the best it can. With a 12.87 already, this ZEX should really improve the ET and MPH. The only down side is ... it's raining here now. :(

·
Registered
642 Posts
Mine is set to spray at WOT (well, about 85% to WOT) but I don't launch at WOT so it should kick in about right. I'll have to play with it and see what works best. So far I have around 50 passes on the car with all the testing and I usually start out slow to test the product is working properly and then get it to perform the best it can. With a 12.87 already, this ZEX should really improve the ET and MPH. The only down side is ... it's raining here now. :(
That sucks......I want to see that baby in the 11's

·
Vendor
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Me too!! :) I am curious how quick I can get it with these stock tires, too. With DRs it would be awesome, but pushing the limits of these all-season radials has become a mini-mission now.

·
Registered
642 Posts
If you do a 175 shot with DR's you may have to look at the axles. You will be around 600 RWTQ

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
lisa
ur kicking butt with that thing. watch those axles as BHMEYERS stated, although u should be fine if the nos doesn't kick in right away. wish i was there to watch. be carefull and have fun.

·
Vendor
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you do a 175 shot with DR's you may have to look at the axles. You will be around 600 RWTQ
I won't be putting the DRs on with a heavy nitrous shot until I swap out the axles. :) I may not run the DRs at all until I get new axles, we'll see. Right now I am trying to see how quick of a time the stock tires can handle.

·
Vendor
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ut oh, it's pretty dark out ...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
its ok its rained the past 4 weekends here :( i been trying to get to a track to get some more times before i change everything but i guess it wont happen :disappointed:

·
Registered
642 Posts
That doesnt look good....

·
Vendor
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rain rain go away! We didn't go to the track yet but will be there Friday if the weather is good!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts