Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I added some ZL1 addons lift points for my Challenger after seeing my inspection shop lift my Challenger up with the pinch welds. Not too impressed so I added the lift points, They only sell front ones so I bought two sets. The front ones work alright on the rears, not perfect but really close. I must say the packaging for these were insane. Everything was beautifully machined and perfectly anodized. I also bought the pucks they sell for Corvettes since they also work for the Challengers.

Corvette pucks:

They fit perfectly in these holes:

Installed:

Challenger lift point:

Bare pinch panel:

ZL1 addons lift points:

Not too impressed with the supplied tools. Had to cut the allen because it was too short on the short side and too long on the long side. But I fixed that with my dremel and bench grinder.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Do the ones for the vette work on the front and rear? They look like a better fit.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the ones for the vette work on the front and rear? They look like a better fit.

Did not try the rears. Because the rear have that nice hard rubber to use for a jack point. But I think they are too big for the rear

·
Registered
41 Posts
So are you using both the puck and the ones on the pinch weld? It annoys me that they put the nice rubber pads on the rear lift points and nothing up front. I have been through the "jacking up/lifting" the Challenger thread and still not sure where to place the front arms of the lift. Where do dealers lift the car?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So are you using both the puck and the ones on the pinch weld? It annoys me that they put the nice rubber pads on the rear lift points and nothing up front. I have been through the "jacking up/lifting" the Challenger thread and still not sure where to place the front arms of the lift. Where do dealers lift the car?

I do not lift using the pinch panels. I just put those so when my inspection place uses the pinch welds with their two post lift it will not damage anything. I use the red pucks in front and the hard rubber cones in the back. If you place the arms of the lift on those two spots where I put the red pucks you will be fine. I have lifted my Challenger many times from there and that spot is very strong.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone installed the ZL1 lifting pucks made for the 97-18 corvette on their front frame?
It looks like they would fit into the existing hole in the frame. I would rather use this location to lift than the pinch weld.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I use them. Mine is Shiney red puck like, with grooves. And it does fit in frame oblong hole. Works good, and does not slide off jack.Never used the pinch weld.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
I ordered a set (black) on Monday and just received an email that they have been delivered...that is a pretty quick turnaround time. Now my only issue is my jack scratching up those purdy pucks. :crying:

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
I ordered a set (black) on Monday and just received an email that they have been delivered...that is a pretty quick turnaround time. Now my only issue is my jack scratching up those purdy pucks. :crying:
So I just installed both:

Challenger 10'-17' Lift Pads (2 pads that attach to crimp weld)
Corvette 97'-18' Lift Pads (4 pads)

The lift pads that go on the crimp pads need longer (at least 1/4 inch longer) set screws as the supplied allen key won't reach when they are screwed in. (2012R/T eluded to this in his thread).
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/7697802-post1.html

The corvette pad fit both front and rear but the rear pads sit on top of the undercarriage plastic and it would be advisable to trim it accordingly.

Other than that they are awesome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
ZL1 Addons makes pinch weld adaptors, and I use a cheap rubber disc from harbor freight in the receiver of the jack. Why? I can then put the jack stand on the frame, at the stamped in arrow. Where are you putting your jackstands if you use those pucks as the lifting point?

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Where do you place your jackstands?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
ZL1 Addons makes pinch weld adaptors, and I use a cheap rubber disc from harbor freight in the receiver of the jack. Why? I can then put the jack stand on the frame, at the stamped in arrow. Where are you putting your jackstands if you use those pucks as the lifting point?
Yes I am aware of the pinch weld pads, I said I installed them in my post. Also, I still have the factory lift pads on the rear which is what I intend to use...the back ZL pads are for show. I put them on because they came in a set of 4.

For the front I will use the round jack pad for the jack stands and the pinch for the jack. For the back I normally lift from the differential and place the jack stands on the stock pads. If I need to work under the car I use my 12" wheel cribs...way safer and more clearance!

·
Registered
2010 Challenger 6M- Brilliant Black, 426 stroker, Hellcat rear cradle, ZF 3.90 diff, DSS 1 piece
1,237 Posts
from a structural standpoint the pinch welds in the front are plenty strong enough to support the car.
I have had mine on jackstands front & rear for about a month during a motor swap and no problems at all.
I do like the look of the pucks tho.
Whenever I go to discount tire they break out the floor jacks rather than try and put it on the lift.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
I bought a low profile, high lift jack from HF.

Installed this beam attachment.

Now I am able to lift the car at the stamped, flat spots directly under the front swaybar supports (not the spot directly under the engine, it is not strong enough and will deform). Now I can easily lift the entire front end of the car so I can slide my 12" wheel cribs under the front wheels.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger 6M- Brilliant Black, 426 stroker, Hellcat rear cradle, ZF 3.90 diff, DSS 1 piece
1,237 Posts
I have the same jack :grin2:
Wish I had read this sooner, I just recently lifted the front of my car (motor out) by the engine support. Maybe the piece of 4x4 I had between the jack and the frame distributed the weight enough to prevent damage.
I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it when I go to lower it later this week.
Thanks for the heads up. How much was that adapter with the two feet on it?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
I have the same jack :grin2:
Wish I had read this sooner, I just recently lifted the front of my car (motor out) by the engine support. Maybe the piece of 4x4 I had between the jack and the frame distributed the weight enough to prevent damage.
I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it when I go to lower it later this week.
Thanks for the heads up. How much was that adapter with the two feet on it?
I bought it for $36 (used a 20% off coupon).
https://www.harborfreight.com/steel-floor-jack-cross-beam-60762.html

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
FYI - my lift pads are totally for show. I really like using the HF jack bar for the front, put a piece of 2x4 in the middle of the bar and lift the rear by the diff. I can have the car on wheel 12" cribs in ~15min. No need to drive on ramps to get to the front (I don't have STP so I sit about 1" higher) and can lift directly with the jack.

Finally silicone sealed all my exhaust slip joints as I though I had a header leak but it turned out to be joints right before the x-pipe. Now the entire exhaust has joints that are air/water tight!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
FYI - my lift pads are totally for show. I really like using the HF jack bar for the front, put a piece of 2x4 in the middle of the bar and lift the rear by the diff. I can have the car on wheel 12" cribs in ~15min. No need to drive on ramps to get to the front (I don't have STP so I sit about 1" higher) and can lift directly with the jack.

Finally silicone sealed all my exhaust slip joints as I though I had a header leak but it turned out to be joints right before the x-pipe. Now the entire exhaust has joints that are air/water tight!
nice, i still have to use the ramps due to the chin spoiler I installed...I have got to get that lift bar though, looks way better than the 2 foot piece of 4x4 method I use :grin2:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts