Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a set of the deluxe guards and I’m not very handy . How hard would you say installation is ? I heard it was very simple

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
Fronts are easy, just turn the wheel to install the screw at the bottom. The rear you need to jack it up, remove the wheels, if you want to install the screws. Add their side extenders, and PPF to the front of all 4 flares for max protection of the paint on your flares!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Easy as noted. Just have to jack up the rear and remove the tires

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered the zl1s and side skirts as well. Thinking about putting the swaims on the front and zl1 on the back since the front is what needs more of the protection.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dad has a jack at his work but I wonder if the dealer would install it when the car comes in Hrm seems easier with a ride on lift

·
Registered
74 Posts
My dad has a jack at his work but I wonder if the dealer would install it when the car comes in Hrm seems easier with a ride on lift
It would be easier on a lift, but it wasn't bad doing it with a jack. It just takes more time. I was hoping to have mine installed at the dealer for that reason and also so I wouldn't have to drive it home without them. Unfortunately I had to pick mine up on a Friday afternoon, so the service department was slammed and couldn't do anything.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
The detail shop installed mine with all 4 tires on.
Didn't see it but they said they used a power tool with 90' end and short screwdriver bit to put the screw in the back ones.

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
I ordered the zl1s and side skirts as well. Thinking about putting the swaims on the front and zl1 on the back since the front is what needs more of the protection.
@No Visine The front of all 4 flares need to be protected on a WB car. That's why I have 4 rock guards, PPF on the front of all 4 flares, and the side extenders.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have them as well, very easy to install, you may have to select between the small or larger clips, that varies between cars. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE THE REAR WHEELS OFF! A stubby screw driver will help you set the screw or an angled driver. I have installed 4 sets of these without taking the wheels off the rear.

Definitely PPF the face of the rear flares. the guards help, but aren't perfect.

Reactions: cruiserdan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea I’m definitely going to PPF the flares. But before I even drive the car I have to put the rock guards on after everything I been reading lol. You guys have the zl1s on all 4 or run the swaims up front and zl1 in the back?

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
How much does ppf run ?
If you have to ask, you are going to have sticker shock. But to me, great preventative maintenance.
Here's my detail bill:

Attachments

Reactions: Dasboot

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Flares are cheap. Best bang for the buck. (y)
Around $70.
Each. My shop uses Expel Ultimate which is one of the best. It was a little more. $400 for all 4 flares.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awesome not bad thanks !

Anyone familiar with the zl1 diffusers for the 2021 if I would need threaded/ not . Or is each car different ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts