Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ex roommate, after getting smoked numerous times by the 392 decided to trade his SS on for a ZL1. For some reason he's calling me out on face book saying it's a fair race now. Lol. How do you even respond to that nonsense. Haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
^Exactly! Either that or "The Camaro needs a supercharger to keep up with a stock N/A Challenger? Pathetic!"

·
Registered
456 Posts
yeah never understood that. a fair race is everything is equal. 1 cant have something the other doesn't. its like bragging I beat a regular v6 Camaro. 2 more cylinders is not equal.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger SRT8
143 Posts
I was at the track last fall and there was one there. We both ran on the tires we drove in on. All I did was let the air down on mine. Not sure what he did. We lined up 1 time and the traction was poor because they didn't glue the track and the DA was over 2000, and he went 12.13 @ 116 and I did a 12.10 @ 117. I am not sure what those cars are capable of but I do know of a few 392's that go hi 11's with 26 inch tires and a few basic mods. I'd say if you are clever you can compete against it.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
easy

put a supercharger on your car and then it is a FAIR RACE :)

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,000 Posts
Well I won four out of five ⅛ mile runs against it. He couldn't get traction but those MT ET Street II's I put on the back damn sure gave me some.

Congratulations on the wins. What kind of 60 foot times did you have?

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Nice!
Got any slips? We had one out at the track a few weeks ago. He ran 12.2-12.4 all day, where as my R/T was running 12.4-12.5.. I never got a run directly against him, but I'm sure I could stay ahead for the first 1/8th. Though after that it would be all over seeing as I only trapped 109 to his 115.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Last week I had a ZL1 want to play. We were on a four lane with nothing ahead of us. But I had to bow out. My supercharger belt disintegrated the day before. It's stupid but I keep seeing that scenario play out in my head over and over. A ZL1 out in the wild. A lowly R/T trundling along. The ZL1 thinks it will have a quick snack. And I have to decline the offer. ZL1 drives away confident it is the superior.

I will admit I am a terrible racer. My reaction time sucks. My 60 ft is horrible. I run probably a full second slower than what my car should run. But from a rolling start I think it would've been a good and fun race regardless of outcome and the high dollar ZL1 would've certainly been shaking it's head.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure what the times were. I'll check in my console. I think the best was an 8.5 1/8th. Even though that thing had 315's F1's on the rear it couldn't hook up. I don't think he's quite figured speed shifting out too. In his defense I'm sure the 1/4 mile would have been a different story but the 1/8 is a drivers race.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I drove a stock ZL1 convertible, it had an automatic, and it did not feel any faster than my 392.

·
Banned
756 Posts
580 hp

"if it takes 580 horsepower camaro to be a fair race against a 470hp challenger, Camaros are worse off than I thought."
No it doesn't, just a good driver that can handle 580 hp properly which means drag radio's on the ZL-1.
Just like the new shelby 662 hp you need to know how to drive that kind of power first and lol and behold once you you've master that you will annihilate any 392 on the planet !
As a side note I've owned a cts-v 556 hp and once I figured out how to handle this kind of hp I elimated three 392 's easily on the street no sweat...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Run what you brung....whine whine whine. What is a fair race? Thats just stupid. No such thing as fair when racing. Fair hahahaha

·
Administrator
3,749 Posts
Baiting post and response removed, both equally at fault. Get with the program guys or you'll both be taking a lengthy vacation.

Bernie

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
It is a fair race......If the ZL1 driver actually knows how to drive then the ZL1 is going to win. But, I have beat ZL1's at the track with my Superbee even when it was stock. I didn't beat the car but beat the driver.

A lot of factors. Are both cars manuals or automatics......running from a roll or dig.....ect, ect,

1 - 20 of 37 Posts