Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have a set of Zoomers on their car? I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a catback system, but wanted to hear honest opinions about this "flutter" issue at idle. I prefer Zoomers over all other systems for right now.

I hear conflicting reports from searchs I have done. Most of all the previous threads about this issue have been yanked on variuos forums.

Over at the Zoomer website, the video that shows the R/T has no flutter, but the SRT video did. These vids were shot back in 2008.

I'm going to purchase the bright quad tips from Mopar, as they now come as a set for 234.00, and use these instead of the tips from Zoomers or the OEM tips I have now. But if flutter is still going to be present, screw it.

For this amount of money, I want to get it right. I'm also wondering if the flutter issue only pertains to "pre-eagle" designed engines.

Appreciate any insight from owners.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I don't know first hand but from what I remember of the threads.... it was the tips that were supposed to eliminate the flutter... If so I'm not sure how that will work with the mopar's....

Tim

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
I have Zoomers on my auto R/T. No flutter. I used the stock tips for a factory look. I can tell you this, I get just as many compliments on the sound of the car with Zoomers than I do on the car itself, and owning a Challenger yourself, you already know how many compliments this car gets.

With Zoomers, your car will get the Hemi growl that it was suppose to have.

I have heard all of the major brands in person, and no one comes close to Zoomers IMHO. Everyone who bought a cat-back system will say that theirs sounds the best, but few have heard them all in person.

I can tell you this though, in the mornings when it's cold, you will rattle a few windows until the car warms up.

I say pull the trigger. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have Zoomers on my auto R/T. No flutter. I used the stock tips for a factory look. I can tell you this, I get just as many compliments on the sound of the car with Zoomers than I do on the car itself, and owning a Challenger yourself, you already know how many compliments this car gets.

With Zoomers, your car will get the Hemi growl that it was suppose to have.

I have heard all of the major brands in person, and no one comes close to Zoomers IMHO. Everyone who bought a cat-back system will say that theirs sounds the best, but few have heard them all in person.

I can tell you this though, in the mornings when it's cold, you will rattle a few windows until the car warms up.

I say pull the trigger. :thumbsup:
I did... they'll be here next week. I'll let you how satisfied I am after install.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
yea, lets hear your videos.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can tell you that I am very happy with Zoomers. I have an R/T auto and couldn't wait to replace the stock system. I tried Corsa Sport which is a very good product but I just didn't think the sound was right for this car. Sold the Corsa and bought Zoomers on sale a few monthes ago. The sound, looks and performance are excellent IMO.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I finally got mine from the UPS today (one week adverse weather delay), install is tomorrow morning.......looking forward to it.

FF quad tips are going on to replace the OEM tips. Should look and sound sweet. Yea!! :thumbsup:

Installed......sounds awesome. Needed to tweak the the rear passenger side hanger to line up the tips, but other than that, install was simple. It's a tad loud, but I'll get use to it. Once your up to cruise speed, it's pretty quite inside.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, it has the damn flutter.........pissed. Now i need to figure out how to get rid of it. Seems to be on one side but hard to tell. Makes no sense why it does this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts