Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a deposit down on the Zoomers catback system for my RT auto. Anybody who has/had this regret their choice and why? It was a toss up between that and the MBRP. Looking for that low deep rumble sound.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was in the same position but went for the MBRP cause I liked the retro tips, They are similar I guess. just don't make a judgement on the system until you have at least 1000 miles on it, the sound will get better the more you drive. Good choice I'm sure you won't regret it

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I've not heard one person here dislike the sound of having Zoomers on their car. Truth is, if I didn't get such a great deal on my current exhaust, I'd of gotten Zoomers. To me they are the best sound for these cars if you want loud, and aggressive.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had them on my charger, great sound but after a little more than a year the packing in the tips burned out or something, anyway the exhaust then whistled. Yeah the replaced the tips unser warranty but a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I really like those retro tips too. MBRP claims 29HP gains with their system, are you seeing that gain you think? I notice Zoomers doesn't really claim HP gains, was hoping to add some ponies but sound more important. Hard to tell for sure by sound clips but wonder which system is the loudest? Not necessarily looking for really loud but louder than the blastin bobs glasspacks I have now.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm that's interesting. Hadn't heard of that problem. I'm planning on putting the mopar quad tips I think.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah I really like those retro tips too. MBRP claims 29HP gains with their system
I've ran 3 dyno pulls with the mods listed in my sig. Zero gains, I have no idea how MBRP made 29hp from their exhaust. If you see my dyno sheet, the before and after mods pawer curves were almost on top of each other. I think you should just look for the sound from a cat back exhaust. IMO, Zoomers and MBRP make the best sound

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Chally, yeah that's kinda what I figured. Like you said, the sound is the main thing. I think it's pretty misleading to claim such a big HP gain from an exhaust system. Most likely the HP gains c

·
Registered
531 Posts
I ordered a pair of Zoomers too. Should be putting them on this early this week. I think they sound amazing from what I've been able to read and hear in videos. I tried to find someone in my area with them to hear them in person, but didn't succeed. I'm keeping my quad tips. When are you getting yours? I'm hopping they are not crazy loud (unless you wind it up) as it is my daily driver and also plan some longer trips as well. Frank at Zoomers said there was zero drone which is a good thing. Lots of people like Corsa but they are too raspy for me. I've also never heard someone say they didn't love their zoomers. If I got anything else I think I would have wondered what I was missing.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome Thingfish! Let me know how you like them. It will probably be a couple months before I pay mine off and get them installed. I feel the exact same way about hoping they aren't too too loud but just can't resist that sound. Hopefully they sound that good n person. Wish I knew someone in the DFW area that had them so I could hear them.
I totally agree about the Corsa. I know alot of people like them but just not what I am looking for. I want to FEEL that deep rumble. Let me know your results and even post up a vid, never get tired of hearing it!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've had mine for a few weeks now and LOVE them! Zoomers have that deep "old school" muscle car sound that I've haven't heard in any of the competitors (at least not without a drone). I have the Mopar quad tips on mine and they do add a little "flutter" to it, but it really doesn't bother me.

I'm sure you'll LOVE your Zoomers!!! :D

Below is a video of my before & after for comparison...
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=214635988549319

·
Registered
531 Posts
Piranha, that video pretty much sums it up. Thanks for sharing. I think we'll be happy owners.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Piranha! Yeah man Old School for sure and that's just what I'm looking for. Thanks for the vid sounds great and love the quad tips.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Installed my Zoomers exaust and mopor quad tips two weeks ago loving the sound and no drone.Also getting a slight flutter at idle with quad tips.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmm, not sure what this "flutter" sounds like but seems like that's just with the quad tips, how about with the stock tips?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hmmm, not sure what this "flutter" sounds like but seems like that's just with the quad tips, how about with the stock tips?

It's the divider on the quad tips that causes the flutter, so there is NO flutter with the stock tips.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I installed zoomers cat-back with the X-pipe last week on my SRT8. Trust me, you will not be dissappointed with the sound these things make. When ya put the pedal to the floor, the sound of hell is heard...lol

justin

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh ok thanks Piranha...may just stick with the stock tips then at least initially.
LOL Justin...thats what I'm talkin' about! Unleash the Beast!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts