Votes: 10 33.3%
  • other- please specific in your message

Votes: 3 10.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've narrowed it down to two different exhausts. Both are aggressive, and significantly louder than stock, which is what I want. Both come in 3" T304 SS.

Hearing both clips I'm partial to Zoomers, however I know clips won't do these sounds justice especially on a deep exhaust such as the MBRP.

MBRP would be cheaper, especially if I can get it used off of a forum member.

What about drone? I wouldn't mind a little bit just as long as it's not deafening. The wife has to drive around with me in it, so anything excessively loud would be a no go. I drive a 6 speed, so I wouldn't have to worry about MDS.

Just curious also if anyone has heard BOTH systems on these cars in real life, and what they thought?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I didn't hear either one in person but from the videos they both seemed to have very similar characteristics. I also had difficulty deciding between the two. Fortunately I caught the Zoomers on a 25% off sale and jumped on it. I'm very happy with my choice and the wife doesn't seem to mind the sound. Looking back on it, I think the videos gave a fairly accurate representation of the sound, at least as far as the Zoomers are concerned. If it wasn't for the sale price I probably would have ended up flipping a coin. Whichever you choose I suspect you'll be very happy with it. Let us know how it works out.
PS: I have an R/T auto. No drone.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't hear either one in person but from the videos they both seemed to have very similar characteristics. I also had difficulty deciding between the two. Fortunately I caught the Zoomers on a 25% off sale and jumped on it. I'm very happy with my choice and the wife doesn't seem to mind the sound. Looking back on it, I think the videos gave a fairly accurate representation of the sound, at least as far as the Zoomers are concerned. If it wasn't for the sale price I probably would have ended up flipping a coin. Whichever you choose I suspect you'll be very happy with it. Let us know how it works out.
PS: I have an R/T auto. No drone.
Yeah that's the thing, is that Zoomers is so damn expensive, but I guess you get what you pay for. I did a search and everybody who bought Zoomers loved theirs. On the other hand, I know so many people who had a MBRP then went to Corsa. Two totally different sounds. Guess people got sick of the muscle car sound and wanted something quieter.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
mbrp.. i got a great sound and several ponies too

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mbrp.. i got a great sound and several ponies too

Kind of cool how much HP the MBRP system yields. With just the exhaust I could be at 400hp at the crank.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
I love my Zoomers. :)

And as mentioned above, no drone. :thumbsup:

Dyno Sound Clip

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have the MBRP with tuning tubes on my 6.1 and love the output as well as sound. I needed less restriction than the stock exhaust to let the engine work (cam/head).

No drone and the sound is true muscle car sound.

At mid and high revs the exhaust clean and is louder than stock and will scare the crap out of people as you overtake tham.

At idle it's a little louder than stock inside the car and at the rear of the car sounds like a lopey race boat (like a Scarab) just waiting to gun it.

Note my comparison to stock is the 6.1, 6 speed that has no suitcase muffler (stock) so is louder than autos on baseline comparison.

Eric

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just installed my MBRP exhaust in January and I can't say enough positives about the exhaust system on my 09 rt auto. Inside the vehicle is a pleasant ride with nearly no drone with their new no drone system. I guess people have dynoed their stock rt's before they installed the MBRP exhaust and have seen on average an increase of 22hp at the rwhp. Sounds crazy for an exhaust system but the numbers don't lie. I recommend the MBRP for price, quality, sound, and performance.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
have you checked out solo yet? theres is great and one day left for the group buy.25% off! they have a bunch of vid's in the vender section. i have it and have no drone at half of what the others sell for.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
have you checked out solo yet? theres is great and one day left for the group buy.25% off! they have a bunch of vid's in the vender section. i have it and have no drone at half of what the others sell for.

I was told it's not a full T304 stainless system, which is what I need since my car is a daily driver, in snow, rain etc.

Also I am always leary of a new exhaust company. Sometimes there are issues with products down the road that people don't see yet because it's so new.

Zoomers and MBRP have been around, and have withstood the test of time.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
there muffler and tips are 304 and the piping is 409. they have been in business for at least 43 years that i know of.they are a great bunch of guys..but you have to be happy with your exhaust.there are a lot of them out there.its very hard to decide which one is the best for you.it should be a one time purchase.i just didnt want you to miss the great discount that there offering right now.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there muffler and tips are 304 and the piping is 409. they have been in business for at least 43 years that i know of.they are a great bunch of guys..but you have to be happy with your exhaust.there are a lot of them out there.its very hard to decide which one is the best for you.it should be a one time purchase.i just didnt want you to miss the great discount that there offering right now.
I appreciate you helping me! It's definitely not an easy choice, especially since you are going on clips and others opinions. I also didn't know Solo was around that long, I just assumed it because their catback is new for these cars. Amazing how awesome it sounds, a lot like Zoomers, but less cost. I guess it only has 1 muffler and piping, since most systems are dual muffler.

I'm not planning on buying right at this time, as the wife has to adjust to the purchase of the car first. :) But she is well aware that I will be getting one soon, maybe in Spring.

In my decision to choose, I may just add Solo to the list. I'm eager to see what everybody says after they get theirs installed after the group buy.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
i know i have a wife too.its tough.i think manufactures should offer a group buy once a year.i think they would make a lot of people happy.and wifes too.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah these exhausts are so expensive! I guess you pay for the name on most of these, as well as the high shine, polished finish.

Going to see how much each system costs, and then go from there. Solo, Zoomers, and MBRP all sound awesome. It appears the MBRP is full stainless 304, and has dynoed gains of 24rwhp. That's impressive!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Zoomers - love it

I have Zoomers polished SS installed on my 09 R/T. Sounds great & I always get compliments.

Just make sure to re-tightened all the clamps,etc after you've driven it around & "broken" in that fresh metal with exhaust heat.

- Ryan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts